Monday, February 6, 2012

Menu Monday

I took off last week from Menu Monday, mostly because our meals the week before had been a mix of pancakes and frozen pizzas.  We love to cook, but there are definitely "off" weeks in our home!.

Last week's meals were some good ones...lots of easy and tasty recipes. My favorite kind!

My Meals:



It had been awhile since we have had these. Now that I'm counting calories, meals like this make for a perfect dinner. They're filling and leave me satisfied, but they're also super tasty. Eating low cal really can be delicious! Only change to IGE's version of this recipe...I used Goya pink beans instead of black beans and threw in some sliced avocado.



Naan Pizza


Thank you again to Rachel for introducing this trick to me! The Trader Joe's frozen naan makes the bets pizza crust. I am eating these all the time these days! J likes to make fancier pizza, but I love the naan with a little bit of pizza sauce and some sliced mozzarella...it's the perfect easy dinner!


Spicy Turkey and Hatch Quiche with Roasted Asparagus


This is definitely my favorite quiche recipe (not that I make a lot of quiches or anything). It just makes such a good dinner! Thank you again to Kate for this recipe!


J's Meals:


Brisket with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Baked Sweet Potatoes


J cooked this brisket in the dutch oven for a long time on Saturday, and by the time dinner rolled around, my mouth was watering. It smelled amazing. This recipe was definitely a winner.  I made the brussels to go with it.





Such a fresh take on chicken tacos! Add these to your own menu now!
The avocado, lime, and cilantro were all right up my alley. I loved every bite of this dinner! Only change from the original recipe was I ate mine on flour tortillas. The corn ones just don't do it for me.

5 comments:

  1. All these meals look and sound amazing!!! I must try them! Go you for meal planning and cooking all week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try that quiche recipe! Looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quiche looks so good! I am putting it on the meal plan!

    And, I love that you eat brussles sprouts. Little cabbages don't get enough love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good! I'm lusting over that avocado sauce now and it's only 7:00!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all of this looks so delicious! what a great mix of recipes!

    ReplyDelete