Monday, February 13, 2012

Menu Monday

Happy Monday!

Here's what we've been cooking this past week....

My Meals:

Slow Cooker Bratwurst, Potatoes, & Sauerkraut with Pumpernickel Bread(and German beer!)



I found this recipe in my Real Simple magazine from last month.  It's definitely different from my usual, go to meals. In fact, I sort of surprised myself by even wanting to try it, but it certainly didn't let down. We loved this meal.  I raved about it to my mom on the phone today. If you're looking for easy recipes to try in your crock pot, this is one to try!

Marinated London Broil with Mixed Greens Salad with a Lemon Vinaigrette


This is my favorite salad: mixed greens, sunflower seeds, can of drained and rinsed white beans, and a can of drained artichokes. I could eat it with every meal.

Smoked Gouda Ravioli in Brown Butter Sauce with Shallots


This was the ravioli we bought on Saturday at the Farmer's Market in Davidson. Here's a quick recipe  for the "sauce." It would work with any sort of ravioli or tortellini.

Ingredients:
2 shallots, diced
1 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon of brown sugar

Directions:
1. Over medium high heat, melt butter
2. Once butter is melted, cook shallots for 2-3 minutes
3. Add in brown sugar and stir until butter becomes brown and caramelized

Once the sauce was done, I tossed in my cooked ravioli and mixed it with the butter. They were a perfect pair! 

J's Meals:



It had been like a whole month since we had last had this for dinner. I'm sure you knew it would be in the rotation soon! I just can't get enough!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for that German bratwurst slow cooker meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love simple slow cooker meals, and Nick loves sauerkraut. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete