Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Menu Tuesday AND a question!

Before I start out with my meals, I have a question for y'all...

Lately I've been seeing a lot of Menu Monday posts all over the blog world, I was thinking of starting a weekly link up on here. You wouldn't have to post your meals on Monday (which I am obviously not doing this week), you could just link up at anytime through out the week.  I just thought it might be a fun way to check out new blogs of others who meal plan.



Leave a comment and let me know if you're interested. I'll do the first link up next week!

And now, onto the meals!

My meals:



This was the second time I've made this meal, and it was just as good as I remembered it being last spring. It's like a very fresh version of beef stroganoff without the mushrooms. The mint on top is my favorite part!


This was a pinterest find. And it was very yummy, but mine didn't turn out as pretty as the picture from the original site. Also? I think my cast iron skillet was too big which made the cookie very thin. Either way, it was still a wonderful Valentine's Day dessert...especially topped with vanilla ice cream!

J's Meals:


In case you're curious, this was just as delicious as it appears to be in the photo! A wonderful, rich, and creamy pasta dish.

Bourbon Baby Back Ribs, Mixed Greens Salad, and Baked Sweet Potatoes


J stayed home from work on Monday for President's Day, and he worked all day making these ribs. Ribs that slow cooked all day...mmmmmm! What could be better?

Red Pepper And Gruyère Quiche



A wonderful quiche. We were going to make a veggie with this, but we forgot. Oh well...more quiche for me!





Both were a hit for a big Sunday night dinner! My husband was quite the chef this week!

8 comments:

  1. Yes! I have been thinking that someone needed to do this! I keep meaning to take pictures of my meals but am not doing so great! Maybe this will motivate me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would probably link up my Menu Monday posts! It would just be links to the recipes I'm making though, not pics of what I've made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the link-up is a good idea. I don't always take pictures of what I make but I could see myself participating every once and a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been posting Weekly Eats on Mondays, so I'd love to link up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do my menu decals on Sundays but I'd definitely link up with y'all on Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to link up! I normally post on Sundays, but I could be persuaded to move to Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  7. A link-up would be great! I've been doing menu planning for awhile, but have only recently started blogging about it. I get the best ideas from other bloggers.

    Speaking of which, that lemony spaghetti looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been trying to be more consistent with my weekly meal planning. Perhaps your link up would help provide some motivation. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete