Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The story of us...

After seeing link ups on a few others blogs, I thought I'd join in the fun.  If you want to join in too, visit  her blog!


1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We've been together for 7+ years. 
This was our first night as an "official" couple in December 2004! This photo...so much is hilarious about it. Mainly J's sideburns.


2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
I've blogged the whole "love" story before, so I won't retype the whole thing. But to sum it up...one summer during college we were interns at an engineering firm, and I fell for the guy who fixed my computer. Naturally, I had a computer that had a lot of problems that summer!  Good thing I had a savvy IT guy I could call!

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? 
We have been married for 3 and a half years. Our wedding day was July 26, 2008.

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  
We got married in Midlothian, Virginia. Our wedding was on the large size with around 200 guests.  We got married at the church J mostly grew up in, and we had our reception at an old house that sat on a beautiful, large lot. I was nervous getting married in July, because Virginia can be terribly humid at that time of year, but we ended up having gorgeous weather. 









5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Honestly? Nothing very exciting. J actually has 4 names plus a last name, so sometimes I like to call him by all 4.  And he'll call me Rach. And I guess we'll say things like "honey" or "babe" but that's about it.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
3 things i love most? I don't think I could stop at 3. We'll call this 3 things that first pop into my head.

He makes me laugh like no other. Especially when talking for the dogs.
His intense ability to organize things...I give him a hard time for this, but I really do love it. Y'all should see the spreadsheets this man makes. His ability to stay organized helps me tremendously. 
He's not afraid to fail and he's a go getter. Sitting on the sidelines is not for him.


7. Tell us how he proposed? 
J proposed to me in Washington, DC outside of The Kennedy Center overlooking the Potomac River, after watching My Fair Lady.

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberrieschampagne, and rose petals?
Ummmm...neither one. If you know us, this probably isn't a surprise.  I always ask for chocolate (because I love a good excuse for a box of assorted chocolate), but that's about it.

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
While I love the adventure of watching the sunset, I sure love time at home. Most Friday nights are spent with a beer on the couch catching up on all of our favorite comedies from the week. 

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Live overseas together! I think we'd both agree that our favorite thing to do together is explore new places. So the thought of living in another country and having all sorts of weekend trips in new places right at our fingertips sounds like a dream come true. This won't be happening soon (it's a rather hard thing to do with two big dogs), but one day!



11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
Poor J has a lot to live up to. Those elementary school students know how to do Valentine's Day. It's my favorite school holiday because the kids all shower you with love, and come on! Who doesn't enjoy getting 26 cards plus sweet tarts and blow pops! J may be my Valentine the other 364 days of the year, but on Valentine's Day, my kiddos usually win over my heart!


But to honestly answer the question, we're "celebrating" on Wednesday because he has a Tuesday night commitment. He'll be cooking dinner for us, I'm making a dessert, and we'll probably watch a movie together at home. Very low key. 

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Just chocolate...as long as there are no orange cream chocolates, I'll be happy! (those are the worst!)

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Communicate with one another. Say what you mean and mean what you say. And laugh!

14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.

August 2008 on the Oregon Coast during our honeymoon.




6 comments:

  1. I love this post, Rachel! Your wedding dress is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your wedding pictures. You were such a gorgeous bride!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Mrs. to Mama's link up - your wedding photos are gorgeous! I'm jealous of all the sweet tarts and blow pops that your students will be giving you today - hope you got lots of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've loved reading all these posts!! It's so fun to learn everyone's story :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you honeymooned on the Oregon coast! I am so spoiled only being about an hour away from it that I forget how wonderful it is there!

    Happy V-Day!

    ReplyDelete