Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday: Beer & Cheese Dip

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! I am sure that I'm not in the minority here, but I don't really care that much for the football on Super Bowl Sunday. For me, it's all about the food...and of course the commercials.  I saw on a friend's facebook page this morning that it's the best day of the year because you can eat as much dip as you want from the time you wake up, and no one judges you. I couldn't agree more!

Tonight we're going to a party with some friends, and I've made this to take with us...


Here's the recipe, it was slightly adapted from here.

Ingredients:
  • 2 8oz. packages of cream cheese (I used low fat neufchatel cheese)
  • 1/2 cup beer (I used Fat Tire)
  • 1 envelope of ranch salad dressing mix
  • 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
  • 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • Pretzels
Directions:
  • In a large bowl or mixer, beat the cream cheese, beer, ranch mix, and hot sauce until smooth.
  • Once mixture is smooth, stir in the cheddar cheese
  • Serve with bite size pretzels and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you! We don't have any plans for the game, and neither of us are football fans, but that didn't stop me from buying a container of French Onion dip and potato chips at the store all for myself! It is Super Bowl Sunday, after all :) Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! I will definetly have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! I made some fruit kabobs that actually got eaten. I was surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh, that sounds and looks good! :)

    ReplyDelete