Sunday, February 12, 2012

weekend wrap up

This has been one lovely weekend. It's been one of the colder weekends we've had this winter, but still great.  On Friday a coworker asked what we were doing this weekend, and I told her it would be a weekend full of relaxing. Aren't those the best kind?

Here's what we've been up to the past 3 days...

Friday evening we drove to Cabarrus, which is north of Charlotte, to see a second cousin once removed (I think that's correct!) of J's in an art show that she was in. I don't think we'd ever been to an art show before, so it was fun to get out of our usual Friday night routine and do something different.




The artwork on the wall is by cousin

After the art show we drove back to Charlotte and picked up dinner at our favorite Thai place (thanks to Ashley for introducing me to this spot!).


We brought our dinner home and watched Downton Abbey and caught up on 30 Rock until I fell asleep on the couch. That's my perfect Friday night!

On Saturday morning we got up and and drove to Davidson for a mini adventure.  We had been planning this date for awhile, but the past few weekends have either been rainy or we've been out of town. After visiting the cute town of Davidson for a basketball game at Davidson college in December, we wanted to go back during the day to walk around their little downtown and the campus, and we also wanted to try out a breakfast spot that several people had told us about, Toast.  



J's meal - Lox Benedict


My meal - cream cheese and berry stuffed pancakes...these were delicious!


A few pictures of the campus...what a pretty school



We also found a little farmer's market going on and bought some homemade smoked gouda ravioli to make for dinner...I'll share what I made on Menu Monday tomorrow!


After our adventure to Davidson, we came home to pick up the dogs and take them for a walk. Again, it was chilly, but I think we both needed a big walk after such a big brunch!

And then today we've done a whole lot of nothing and it's been quite nice!  After church this morning, I came home to put our dinner in the crock pot.  I spent most the afternoon catching up on my shows, on our new tv, I must add! J figured out a way to hook up our laptops to the new TV, so now I can watch all the hulu on want on the big screen!


While watching TV, I got a big pile of papers graded and did a few planning things for the week. It's much more bearable if I have a good show to keep me company!

Somewhere in the day I took a break to paint my nails...I'm telling y'all...it was lazy and much needed Sunday!


And of course I spent my whole afternoon in the company of my Valentine's decorations!



In a minute we're going to sit down to our dinner and then probably watch some of the Grammy's tonight...well, I will at least! And before I know it, I'll be dragging myself out of bed at 5:30AM getting ready for another crazy and busy week. Here's hoping that it goes by quickly!

6 comments:

  1. That is SO funny that you got take out from DeeJai on Friday, because we did the same thing! Only, we got the take, ate it and were in bed by 7:45! Ha! I'm looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hooking the laptop up to the big tv! So much better than watching on the little screen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi i’m Heather! I have a question for you! Please email me :)
    HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that Davidson is really cute, but I've actually never been there. Toast looks like it is amazing though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you were able to visit Davidson finally. And, how good is Toast?! What a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm....I've been to "Toast" in Charleston and the sign looks the same. I wonder if it's the same restaurant?!? Also.....I heart Revenge. I mainly love drooling over Daniel Grayson.

    ReplyDelete