Monday, March 5, 2012

Menu Monday

Not a lot of cooking going on this week. Between a lot of evening meetings, birthday dinners for friends, and cravings for Mexican, we didn't do so much cooking. Hope you'll still link up with me this week!





My Meals:



Major kudos to Kate for sharing this recipe on her blog. It was a big hit!  I had never cooked with polenta before, but I was a big fan. It was pretty easy, and was a nice variety from our usual pasta and rice. Definitely saving this meal.

Chicken Tortilla Soup


I sort of just made this soup up after looking at a bunch of enchilada soup and taco soup recipes. It ended up being delicious! I will certainly make this again...


Ingredients: 
5 cups chicken stock
1 small rotisserie chicken, chicken pulled
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
1 small can of green chiles
1 large onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup corn (I used frozen)
shredded pepper jack cheese
cilantro, chopped
1 avocado, sliced
tortilla chips

Directions:
  1. Mix first twelve ingredients in slow cooker.
  2. Set slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
  3. Serve soup and top with cheese, cilantro, avocados, and tortilla chips.
EASY PEASY!

3 comments:

  1. The polenta dish looks really interesting. I really like to eat polenta, but I've never cooked with it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your Menu plan linky so I'm linking up! Thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I want to try that chicken tortilla soup!

    ReplyDelete