Sunday, April 29, 2012

14 Weeks

Alright...here's my first week of the old pregnancy survey! I'm curious to see how often I remember to do this...


How Far Along: 14 weeks as of this past Thursday

Size of Baby: About the size of a lemon!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Who knows. According to my scale at home, only about a pound since the day I found out. According to the doctor's scale, about 3 pounds. This baffles me since I feel like I am really showing. I would think the weight gain would be higher. No complaints though.

Maternity Clothes: Using the bella band with a lot of pants, and I purchased some maternity jeans from GAP (for all you Charlotte gals, Northlake Mall has a maternity section in the back of Baby GAP!). Other than that, shirts and dresses all still fit fine. I am really glad I bought a few pairs of pants though. They are like heaven.

Gender: We find that out a month from tomorrow!

Movement: Still too early

Sleep: Not bad. Sleep hasn't been too much of a problem for me so far. I do get up about once a night to pee (something I never did before). And my dreams are seriously wacky these days. Thursday other night I had a dream that poor Rosie had been turned into an orangutang and was being chased through our yard by a python. So that's pretty crazy.

Symptoms: Pain in my tailbone on an almost daily basis. Thinking about going to prenatal yoga...anyone have experience with this? Did prenatal yoga work for you?

Aversions: The one time of day I have food aversions is when my kids pull out their snacks at school. The mixed odor of Slim Jims and Doritos makes me want to vomit. (sidenote: why can't parents pack healthy snacks for their children...fruit, granola bars, crackers, carrots?)

Cravings: Frozen yogurt covered in fruit and nuts, apple juice in the morning, and root beer. I also had an amazing BLT at Toast yesterday. That may become a summer staple in my diet.

What I miss: Beer....this baby is SO worth it, but seeing all the summer ales on the shelves is making me want one so badly! Other than that, the ability to take allergy meds without feeling worrying. I just can't  justify taking medicine unless I am in legitimate pain, and a runny nose and sneezing are just annoying, not painful.

Best Moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat this week and setting our date for the anatomy scan!



11 comments:

  1. The anatomy scan sounds so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving you popping up in my Reader with a belly shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so gorgeous!! Love the teeny bump!

    I can't imagine giving up allergy meds for a baby though, I seriously have The Worst Allergies. I can barely breath even WITH the best drugs.

    Oh boy, I dunno if I can ever do this baby thing!! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great!! I have a rule that they can only bring healthy snacks. Maybe try that next year? (If you're planning to go back). In my opinion, there's no reason they SHOULDN'T have a healthy snack :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these updates! It's really fun because I'm due the same day! I was actually googling earlier today to see how much weight was average for 14 weeks-and by average I mean, the other people in my Reader who had posted a 14 week update sometime in the last year ;) I've gained about 4-5 pounds, but my bump is more spread out, so it just looks like a gut. Good times. Your little bump is too cute!

    I've hit up that Gap at Northlake whenever I'm visiting my mom. The Gap in Greensboro doesn't carry maternity and it was by far my favorite place for maternity stuff during my last pregnancy. You can find much better sale prices in the store than online. I've heard there is a great maternity consignment boutique in clt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get ready for the weight gain! Five lbs turned to 15 lbs very quickly as soon as I hit that 2nd tri!

    You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great and your bump is too cute!
    Do you use a neti pot? That helped my sinuses so much when I was pregnant.
    Just a heads up...GAP at Southpark will have maternity once they remodel. Their pants are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed beer SO MUCH. I haven't had one yet now that Sadie is here, but I may indulge soon. :)

    As for prenatal yoga, I bought a DVD since I didn't have time to go to a class, and I loved it. It also has some post natal yoga as well, so I plan on doing that soon when I'm allowed. I have this DVD - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00109KNA2/ref=pe_175190_21431760_cs_sce_dp_2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummmm, BLT's. I have eaten quite a few BLTs since becoming pregnant, but I've always loved them so not sure it counts as a craving. We used to have BLT lunches at the sorority house and they were always my favorite days! I think I see a tiny bump!

    ReplyDelete