Monday, April 16, 2012

Menu Monday...only 3 meals from us this week

It was quite the crazy week in our home. We ate much more than normal this week due to some crazy schedules. Hopefully we'll be back on track this week. Except not really, because I'm going out of town next weekend and have fun dinner plans with friends one night this week. Oh well. Hopefully y'all have lots of great recipes to share instead!


My Meals:



Prior to making this, I asked on twitter what people serve with their mac and cheese, if anything. I got a large variety of answers, and decided to serve outs with green beans and pork chops. But as you can see, they didn't make it to the dinner table. Oops! Harris Teeter only had pork chops in packages of 10 (not sure what that was about), and I was all ready to make the green beans, but then totally forgot until it was time to eat. So all we ended up eating was the rich and creamy mac and cheese. It was just as delicious as you would hope it would be with 4 cups of cheese and 4 cups of whole milk.



This meal never lets me down. I'm also loving that it's grilling season!


J's Meals:



This meal looks pretty tasty, right? It was, in reality, quite bad. We're not quite sure what went wrong. Our biggest guess was the rice noodles we bought. They were rice noodles, but they were the kind you buy in the gluten free section of the health food store. Not the Asian kind. And they had the weirdest taste and small. I just couldn't get past it. We ended up scratching this whole meal and going out to eat last Tuesday. I guess you win some and lose some.


 Hope you'll join in the fun and link up your own menu for the week!


9 comments:

  1. congrats on your pregnancy!!!

    what a blessing that you haven't gotten too sick. my morning sickness was pretty mild too but i did get a little queasy every evening.

    that mac and cheese looks SO creamy and delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mac and cheese looks dangerous!! Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me tell you how excited I was to see your pad thai, then I read your review of it and my heart sank. Boo. I have been looking for a good pad thai recipe for a while now. I guess I still have to call in my order at the Thai place in town

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to lick the screen on the stovetop mac and cheese!!! The pad thai looks awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad on the pad thai because it looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They still look delicious though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pad thai looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep telling myself that I need link up with you. Now that I'm done with grad school, I actually have time. That is my goal for next Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've had a grill sitting on our porch for years now - and I finally got it ready to use!! I can't wait. The fajitas sound yummy. I also have wanted to make Pad Thai too.

    Thanks again for hosting the link up!

    ReplyDelete