Sunday, April 15, 2012

Q & A time...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your sweet messages on Thursday's post! I was moved to tears from all of the sweet words on here, twitter, facebook. We have felt so loved these past few days from all the kind things people have said. I was also moved to tears the other day because I couldn't decide where to eat for dinner. Being moved to tears seems to be a regular in my life these days.

 So now to answer the many questions I have received....

1. How far along are you? I am 12 weeks right now.

2. When are you due? October 25...although, I wouldn't be opposed to a Halloween baby!

3. When did you find out? February 18. Which meant I did my best to keep it a secret for 8 long weeks. That was not an easy task!

4. Are you going to find out the sex of the baby? YES! I think it's so cool that some people can wait for the birth, but I am just not one of those people. I need to know! Hopefully we'll find that out in late May/early June

5. Will your poor baby have a home to live in by the time he/she arrives? I'll come back to this question in a few days! The house hunt is coming along. I'll fill you in on the details as we know more...

6. Are the dogs excited? You betcha. As soon as she realizes how much we love the baby, Layla will be the world's most protective big sister, fighting off anyone who comes near him/her. And good ol' Rosie will just smother this child with love.  They'll be a good combo.

7. Do we have names picked out? Sort of, but we're not sharing. Right now, we have a code name that we've been calling the baby. I might share it on here!

8. Do you have a guess on what sex the baby is? I am sort of leaning one way, but I'm definitely not convinced. I don't think J has any guesses right now.

9. Is your eye still a hot mess? Oh yes. I should do an update on the uveitis. Pregnancy definitely did nothing to cure my insane case of floaters and optic nerve inflammation.

10. Have you seen your baby yet? Yep! Twice! There will probably be a whole post about that.

11. How have you been feeling? Please don't throw anything at me if you were not this lucky, buuuuut....I haven't been sick at all. Not one day of sickness. I've had maybe 3-4 moments where I felt a little queasy, but I just ate something and it quickly went away. I feel so so fortunate. As a teacher, I cannot imagine what it would be like to be teaching all day, with 26 children, and constantly feeling like I was going to get sick. If you've been in that position, my heart goes out to you. I have felt so lucky. I have had some crazy back pain off and on since about 7 weeks, but I'd take that over nausea/throwing up any day.

12. How is allergy season treating you during your pregnancy? Okay, confession: no one actually asked this, but I want to vent for a quick second. Allergy season totally sucks when you can't take drugs. I know, I know...there are some drugs doctors say you can take, but I'd really rather not. So I'm suffering through this insane pollen infestation that has taken over Charlotte, and doing my best to get through it. I am a sneezy mess with a runny nose and super itchy ears. San Diego provided some nice relief from the pollen.



I think that about answers all the basics! 
We're so excited for the journey that we've just started on. 2012 is going to be a year of big changes for us. It's all a little scary, but mostly really fun!


15 comments:

  1. Yay!! My birthday is October 24. It's such a great month. Love fall birthdays!! So glad that you are feeling so well. I pray when I'm pregnant I'm not sick. I wouldn't know what to do. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling well! I could never wait to find out the sex either!! Ha.:) Have you seen gender reveal parties?? They are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sick IS lucky! :) I can't imagine being a teacher and having to get up early, go to work, deal with kids, and be nauseous. Ick.

    I would never be able to keep something like this a secret for 8 weeks. ;) I'm awful with secrets like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My birthday is the 14th and I absolutely LOVE it... October is such a great birthday month!!

    I can't imagine having to give up allergy meds to grow a baby. I am reconsidering my desire for more than 2 children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations- I am so excited for you! Fall is such a fun time of year too. I just got done hosting a friend's baby shower and it was so great to celebrate and see all the cute baby gifts. (She is a teacher also!). Hope you continue to feel great and that those allergies get better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I said it on Twitter, but Congrats!

    I was a teacher and I felt like puking allllll day when I was pregnant through 17 weeks. I had middle schoolers and some of them chose hygiene products that made me gag (heightened sense of smell) and I couldn't go near them! I'm glad you're feeling well!

    My allergies got significantly better when I was pregnant and they're still much better now. SO weird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yayyy! Congratulations. Such exciting news! Mac was an October baby (due the 17th but born the 5th) and it was a wonderful time to have a baby. By the holidays I felt totally myself again and I already had the best present ever. You're going to love every minute! Hope you continue feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! You are so lucky not to be sick (some say that's a sign you're having a boy). I was SO sick all nine months for all three of my girls. I have a door to outside in my classroom, and I remember running to the door to throw up during my prep period many, many times.

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wasn't that sick either - I've had a pretty easy pregnancy (knock on wood!!) Some women I know were sick for MONTHS. I feel bad for them.

    You could totally have a Halloween baby - my latest nephew was due Oct 26 and had to be induced on Halloween!!

    And I hear you on the moving thing - we HOPEFULLY have a closing date this Friday - let's hope baby bean stays put until we're all settled!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! That is just sooo exciting! And double yay for no sickies, I was rarely sick too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting - It would be so neat if he/she was born on Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so happy to hear you're feeling well, I can't imagine the stress and exhaustion of school paired with being constantly nauseaus.
    This is such an exciting time for you guys! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY YAY YAY girlie so happy for you! Can't believe it, congrats!

    ReplyDelete