Sunday, April 22, 2012

San Diego: Day 3 Coronado + a Meet Up!

I am apparently the worst when it comes to blogging about our vacations. I love having the memories from the trip documented, but man, I'm really slow! Forgive me!

On our third day in San Diego, we had plans to meet up with one of my all time favorite bloggers, Newlywed Next Door. When we had the initial idea to go to San Diego, I immediately sent her the dates to see if we could arrange a meet up. We have gone from just reading one another's blogs to being real friends thanks to email, gchat, and twitter. Getting to meet and spend time her was definitely one of the highlights of my trip! 

She met us at our hotel, and upon seeing her, it was like seeing an old friend! I know I've said it before, but I love the friends and relationships I've made through blogging! She handed me a gift bag when she walked into our hotel, and this was inside...


This would be the first baby gift that our baby has received. And I love that it came from such a special friend!

Around this time, J showed up with our rental car (more on our car later), and we headed over to Coronado for lunch. After some great Mexican, we explored Coronado some, including the Hotel Del! 



We also did some walking down the beach...


Forgive the messy, wind blown hair!


Before leaving Coronado, we visited this cool spot that gives you a great view of the city. 


After leaving Coronado, we dropped NWND off to meet her husband (he was taking care of some work stuff in SD), and we parted ways. I hope it's not long before I get to see her again!


My next San Diego update: beer, beer, and more beer.
(but none for me, don't worry!)


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip. It's so fun to meet up with blogger buddies IRL and them being just the way you thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went there when we went to San Diego. It has such cool history!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of this meet up!!! Both of you ladies look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post! It was great times. :) Come back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like it was a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete