Thursday, April 26, 2012

San Diego: Day 4

We woke up on our fourth day in San Diego in this lovely room...


Our second hotel of the trip, Tower 23, was nice, but I definitely didn't enjoy it as much as the first one.

We headed to La Jolla for brunch at Brockton Villa. I had heard and read great things about this restaurant, mainly that they had a great view of the cove and the sea lions.  It was this neat old home that had been turned into a restaurant. 


Overall, it was good, but I was really disappointed by the service here and the way we were treated by the hostess. Would I go back here? I doubt it. La Jolla had so many neat little restaurants, I don't think you're missing out if you visit La Jolla and you skip out on this place. But I will say, my fruit bowl made a pretty picture!


After our brunch, we walked around the cove some and watched the sea lions. Someone (clue: NOT the pregnant one) had some issues with the way the sea lions and pelicans smelled, so we really didn't hang out too long. But we were there long enough to get a few pictures!





Also? This is random, but these little squirrels hanging out on a cliff made us laugh.


This little hotel sits in the cove, I loved the colors on it. 



After our cove exploring time was over, we headed to Torrey Pines, another recommendation from blog buddies! This state reserve was an easy, quick hike, and the views were totally worth the small fee you pay to get in. 




Don't worry...we didn't see any rattlesnakes!




After the hike we were ready for a break, but before heading back to the hotel for a nap, we did get some lunch! And since we made it all the way to California, it was only necessary that we try some In-N-Out. I liked it. J still says he prefers Five Guys. I'm somewhere in the middle. i loved the burger, but those Five Guys fries just win me over. 


After nap time, we headed back out for dinner at Nine Ten. Before our dinner reservations we took in one more sunset and watched some surfers from the pier by our hotel.




Our dinner at Nine Ten was absolutely delicious. This was definitely the nicest restaurant we ate at during the trip. The food was fantastic, and the service was great. Can't remember how we heard about this place, but it was a wonderful recommendation!

And that about sums it up! On Wednesday morning we packed up and headed back to Charlotte. This was a trip that we both needed, and it was fun to get away and explore a new place. I would happily go back to San Diego!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! What a fun trip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved your recaps! Ian and I would love to take a California trip at some point soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your pictures. It looks like you guys had such a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos look amazing! ooohhh how I love IN-N-OUT.

    ReplyDelete