Wednesday, April 11, 2012

San Diego Trip - Day 2 Brunch

I think I'm going to split up day 2 in to two parts. I was going to do it all together, but you know what? I have a lot of zoo pictures! And I just don't have the energy to post them all now!

So here's the start of day 2....and it was one fabulous way to start the day!

We headed out on Sunday morning to North Park in San Diego for a "bluegrass brunch" at Urban Solace. This was a restaurant I found thanks to the helpful folks at Design Sponge.  If you are visiting a new city and looking for great "to do's" and restaurants to try in that city. definitely check out Design Sponge and see if they've reviewed that city. They never let me down!


Urban Solace was no exception! This was probably my favorite meal of the trip. it was just all around fantastic! We both had a variation of their cheddar and chives biscuits and gravy. To be honest, I'm not even a biscuit and gravy fan, but here's the description of my meal:

Warm Cheddar and Chive Biscuits with Southern Country Gravy, Aidell's Maple Sausage

Does that sound awesome, or what? Here's picture of J's...very similar to mine, just had bacon and n egg too.


After our meal, we thought a brunch dessert was a good idea...


Once again...totally delicious. Homemade cinnamon buns with caramelized pecans and cream cheese frosting? YES PLEASE.

Also? How awesome is their bar? Ron Burgundy seems to be a well loved guy in San Diego.



This last picture pretty much says it all. What more could you need in a restaurant?


If you visit San Diego, this would be a must visit on my list for brunch.Their dinner menu looked great, too! 

Up next...THE ZOO!



5 comments:

  1. That cinnamon bun looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time I'm in San Diego I'm going to have to try this place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to San Diego just for this restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooh! I've never heard of that website, thanks for sharing! The food looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that breakfast looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete