Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Golden & Red Rocks

I realized last night that I still have a few pictures left from our trip to Colorado two weeks ago that I never shared! It's not too late, right? 

We flew back to North Carolina on the sunday afternoon of our trip. That morning, we got up fairly early (about 7am) because our bodies never really adjusted to the 2 hour time change. We figured we'd pack up at our hotel in Monument, CO and head back toward Denver for a little more sight seeing.

We first went to the little town of Golden. It was not too far from Denver, and my parents had been there for a wedding last spring. They had mentioned how cute it was, so we went to check it out.

They had an adorable little downtown. I loved this big sign that you see when you pull into the town.





How fun is this slide? It was built into the wall. Adults have to use stairs to get down to the water/park beneath a bridge, but kids get to slide down. I would have loved this as a kid.


You can see the Coors Brewery behind me. That's what the town of Golden is mostly known for.
Also? My hair had crazy volume here!


Before heading to the airport, we made one last stop. We went to the Red Rocks Amphitheater.
It was quite the site. I would love to go to a concert here. 
We were also amazed by the number of people here working out. There were easily 100 people just running up and down the seats in the amphitheater. I don't think I'd fit in well in this town!



And that was it! We left from here to catch our flight back to the east coast. 

Our trip to Colorado was a quick, but very fun one. Now that we have the baby on the way, I realize that trips like this definitely won't happen as often, so I'm glad we made plans to go. It's also amazing to me how beautiful our country is. Visiting Colorado and southern California this past spring has given me such an appreciation for all that the US has to offer. Traveling abroad is loads of fun, but you don't need to go far for a great vacation. 

One last thing...tomorrow is the big day! We get to find out the sex of this baby...I cannot wait! If you haven't already, leave you guess on this post! I love hearing what others think!


7 comments:

  1. We went to Red Rocks, too! There's a cool free park called Dinosaur Ridge right near there, too.

    And I loved Golden. It's just an adorable mountain town!

    You're making me want to go back :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next time you are in Goldon (and not pregnant), you should do the Coors Brewery tour. You get THREE huge free beers at the end of it.

    Good luck on finding out your little babies gender today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Colorado, but it looks amazing. It's definitely on our must see list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pics! One of my friends and her husband went on a whim to see James Taylor at Red Rocks and I've been jealous ever since she told me that story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. Your hair looks ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always wanted to go to Colorado. A friend of mine works at Red Rocks and gets to help out with all those concerts they have there. I think I could be okay doing that as a job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally jealous that you went to Red Rock. That place looks so amazing and cool!

    ReplyDelete