Saturday, May 26, 2012

Homeowners!

As mentioned in my last post...we have a lot going on this month! Our first item of business, close on our first home, is DONE. We are officially homeowners! The process of buying a home and trying to get a mortgage right now is not so easy. We hit a few bumps in the road, but thanks to a great realtor and some patience, that's all behind us now! I cannot wait to move in next weekend (with the help of movers of course, this pregnant girl and her injured husband are not hauling boxes and furniture anytime soon!)

So, without further ado, a few pics of our new abode!

From the front...I love the painted brick so much. 
I want to paint the front door a fun bright color. Thoughts?


Living room...not crazy about the marble and gold fireplace, but we can work with it.


Where all my Menu Mondays will be coming from...the new kitchen!




The office/play room/not quite sure what we'll do with this space on the first floor.
We've already taken a few things over on trips we've made this weekend. 
Ignore any junk you see lying around!


Laundry/Utility Room


Love that we have a space for laundry. This room also has a door off to the porch. J is already thinking we need a second fridge here for beer. Seems logical, right?

And quite possibly one of my favorite parts...the deck and backyard. 
I love it. And so do the dogs!
Now we just need a nice table to sit on out here.



I took pictures of the bedrooms, but honestly, they're just bare bedrooms. Not much to see there! It has four bedrooms and three full baths. We really love that we have a lot of space to grow into in this home. 

At this time next week, hopefully all of our belongings will be moved in and we'll be on our way to settling in. This home buying adventure has been certainly been a big pain, but so worth it!

27 comments:

  1. The new house is gorgeous!! It looks like it has so much character & I love that backyard. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It's beautiful, and looks just perfect for your family. I'm so jealous of your big back yard for the dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Rachel!!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the house. The backyard looks so relaxing and perfect for barbecues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That deck and yard look amazing...perfect for the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From that very first pic of the front, all I have to say is WOW! It is absolutely beautiful and looks like the perfect home!

    I think the front door screams to be red... but I'm biased like that.

    And if the fire place is the worst detail of the house... I don't think that's such a bad thing!! (Ours got spray painted when we moved in, looks 99% better for $5. WIN!)

    Congrats on the new home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh I love it!!!! That is an amazing back yard and I love the kitchen!! So exciting!!! Hope the moving goes smoothly, can't wait to see it in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new house is BEAUTIFUL! I'm with you on painted brick :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I vote for a dark red door.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love the huge deck and beautiful yard. That will be so nice for your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Congratulations! I'm glad the bumps were overcome, and you're officially homeowners now! The house looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful home!! Congratulations! You will have so many wonderful memories there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!! I love that cream kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay, yay, yay! It's beautiful, and I'm so excited for you. The backyard is perfect for a little tot. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally jealous of your kitchen!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! Looks like a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what an amazing home. i love the colonial style with updated features!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's beautiful!!!! Love your new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So, I wrote a comment from my phone this weekend, but I wasn't sure it posted & sure enough, it didn't! The house looks amazing & the backyard looks perfect! I think a fun color on the door would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's beautiful! It looks very charming and looks like it's full of character. The backyard is awesome, too! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am beyond Tardy to the Party on commenting on this one, but CONGRATS! It looks BEAUTIFUL!! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This home is absolutely beautiful. Love it, love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice - good luck getting moved in and all.

    ReplyDelete
  24. UMMMM GORGEOUS!!! The kitchen is fab and I love the idea of a beer fridge in the laundry room.

    Yes, please paint that door -- red maybe? yellow? turquoise? SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats!!! It looks lovely. That backyard is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's beautiful, congratulations! And be glad you're moving early in your pregnancy - we wound up moving when Sadie was a month old - it was HARD!!

    ReplyDelete