Wednesday, May 2, 2012

some rambling...

Time for a big list of a post...so many little things to share...hopefully this isn't too much a jumbled mess!


  • We're under contract on a house. YIPPEE! This is still super stressful. I don't want to get too excited until we have keys in our hands. This also means that packing has begun. Luckily, I have J to help this time. A year ago when we moved down here from VA, I packed about 75% of our house on my own since he was already living in Charlotte. I have a feeling this will be our last move for awhile which also makes the packing seem not so bad!
  • 27 days of school are left! Only 25 if we take off the two days I'll be out between now and June 8!
  • We are flying to Denver next week for a dear friend's wedding. Neither of us have ever been to Colorado, and we're pretty excited! The wedding is actually an hour or so from Denver, but we're flying into Denver on Thursday night, and spending part of Friday site seeing. Any suggestions for lunch/brunch?
  • The list of "to-do's" I have made for the move and the baby are overwhelming me like WOAH. Reminding myself to breathe in and out, and that all of the change we're about to experience is awesome and exciting. I shouldn't let myself feel stressed.
  • I saw link to these awkward pregnancy photos on a blog the other day, and I still think about them and laugh. They will make even the worst day a little brighter! I really love this one...
  • After reading rave reviews from Erin and Nina about Olivia Garden brushes, I bought one at Ulta with a coupon a few weeks ago and I'm in love. I had a hard time believing that a brush could really be that great or that much better than a cheap one from Target, but it was worth the $18. I love drying my hair with it. This is the brush I bought. I've also started using Organix Penetrating Moroccan Oil on my hair. It's way cheaper than the real stuff and I think it works just as well. 
  • Insurgent came out yesterday!! Who else is reading?
  • This is what I did for several hours on Sunday. It was fabulous (and yes, I know I won't be able to do this once I have a baby, please don't tell me that in the comments...multiple people have already told me that on facebook).

Alright...that's enough rambling for one post! Happy Wednesday!

13 comments:

  1. Well that is just ridiculous-- I have a baby and I did just that about a week ago during nap time! You will have plenty of time to yourself and it will be precious. And you will have your sweet baby to love whenever you want!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even handle that awkward family photo. Too much hilarious!

    And I dread the part of pregnancy where people tell you all the things you can't do once you have a baby. How about staying positive people? How about telling you all the AWESOME things about having a baby? It's like a weird competition to see who can scare pregnant women the most. Eesh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Rachel! Also, just call me & I'll come babysit the little peanut for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news about the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being under contract on a home ... I know how crazy that time can be! Hang in there, and it will all work out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where is the wedding? I'm from Boulder (30 mins north of Denver). If you're looking for a breakfast place in Denver, I would try Snooze. It's kind of a Denver staple. But be warned, there's always a line out the door ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Facebook commenters are out of their minds. You'll have plenty of time to read or do anything else you want to do when you have a baby. Yes, life will be different, but you won't care. It's time to put the earplugs in - for the next two years of your life everyone you talk to will have an opinion about everything you're doing. You have to learn to ignore them, trust your instincts and above all enjoy your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with all the house-ness. Are you staying in the Charlotte area?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yippee, indeed! Thinking happy house thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the house! We bought ours about a year ago -- it's a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun! Have a great time in Denver- we loved the Cherry Cricket Burger place, if you're in that area. It was on Food Network once too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luke's parent's cabin is about an hour from Denver. Wonder if you will be in the same place? And you will totally be able to do that after the baby comes. It's called naptime and daddy time! :-)

    ReplyDelete