Saturday, June 16, 2012

21 Weeks

My darling photographer is in bed recovering for the weekend. He's doing quite well, but can't walk or put much weight on his left leg, so this self portrait via instagram is going to have to suffice as my weekly shot this week.


How Far Along: 21 weeks

Size of Baby:  A pomegranate!

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I have no idea. I haven't been weighing myself at home, mostly because I don't even know where our scale is after the move. I'm guessing 6-7ish pounds?

Gender: Girl! Who now owns one super cute swim cap!

Movement: Still seems to be the most at night, but I'm getting more and more during the day. J has felt her a few more times this week. 

Sleep: Ask me about sleep when I'm not waking up every 4 hours to administer pain meds and help someone get up to use the bathroom.

Maternity Clothes: I went by an Old Navy in town that had a maternity section and bought a few more items plus some long ribbed tanks from the regular section of the store in a size up. So many of my normal tops are just getting too short.

Symptoms: I think she's growing a lot this week; my belly has had some odd stretching feelings in the past 2 days. Still experiencing the strange tingling feeling right below my bra. Several of you commented about that on here and twitter, and that made me feel much better about it. Sounds like I'm not the only one experiencing that!

Cravings: Cherries! I'm on my second bag for the week. They're my go to snack these days. 

What I miss: My husband who can walk. I can't wait for his knee to heal.

Best Moment this week: At the hospital on Friday for J's surgery, so many of the nurses asked me when I was due, what I'm having, etc. I love when strangers ask me about her!

What I'm looking forward to: Her shower in Richmond this summer...my good friend Jeanne called me about it on Thursday, and I can't wait to celebrate her with so many wonderful women! We have a few months to go, I just got all excited after our phone call this past week!


3 comments:

  1. You look great! I'm a couple of weeks ahead of you with our first baby girl too. So exciting! Hope your Hubby feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! Hope the hubby feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so great! Totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete