Sunday, July 22, 2012

26 Weeks



So this morning after church, I spent another hour or two outside working on refinishing this dresser for this little girl. And boy was it hot! I thought about showering and doing my hair again for a blog picture for y'all, but....I decided I'd rather rest on the sofa! So here I am in all my sweaty, paint covered, glory! Just keeping it real here.

How Far Along: 26 weeks...We are officially below the 100 day mark until my due date!

Size of Baby:  A head of lettuce!

Total Weight Gain: Welp....I weighed myself at home this week...and I'm up about 16-17 pounds. I feel like that's a lot, but after reading (ie. stalking) others' blogs and their weekly updates, I feel like that's not that far off the charts. I go to see the doctor this week. Let's hope he feels the same way.

Gender: Girl!! We've been testing out some names this week when we talk about her. Still haven't settled on one.

Movement: Oh yes.

Sleep: The same. It's uncomfortable and I wake up achey. Nothing new to add.

Maternity Clothes: Since I don't have to go to work everyday, I do a lot of lounging around the house in sweats and yoga pants and old tshirts. That makes getting dressed much easier. When I do have to look presentable in public, it's pretty much all maternity.

Symptoms: Still think I'm experiencing round ligament pain. Plan to ask the doctor about it on Wednesday. Also....the nosebleeds decided to come back for another appearance this past week.

Cravings: I'm just starving all the time for pretty much all food. One thing that does come to mind for this week is a Krispy Kreme Donut. But I'm resisting the urge. If I pass that glucose test this week, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be hitting up my local KK when their hot light is on!

What I miss: Lack of aches and pains....but I know this bouncing little girl is worth it. 

Best Moment this week: My coworker and teammate from this past year had her baby boy this week! I went to visit her and her sweet boy in the hospital. This was exciting, not only because I got to hold that sweet little guy, but I also got to check out the hospital I'll be delivering in. This was my first time there, so I enjoyed checking it out. I also loved hearing her first hand experience of the hospital and her birth story. It was all very surreal.

What I'm NOT Looking Forward To: My gestational diabetes test on Wednesday. Crossing my fingers I pass. In the past month I've heard of 2 friends not passing and this has me slightly panicked. 

What I AM Looking Forward To: Doctor this week...I love getting to check in with the doc and ask him my questions. And of course hearing her heartbeat!

5 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the diabetes test. Seriously, people love to get you all worked up about it and it's really no big deal. In fact, when it was over I said, "that's it?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how far along you are already! Wow, time flies!

    And please do not stress about the diabetes test until there's a reason to. Don't work yourself up. Most likely you will be fine! I had gestational diabetes but had a family history of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look GREAT! I've gained 15-pounds according to my scale and I'm 5-weeks behind you!
    I've read that at this point in my pregnancy I should have gained 10-16.. I think you're fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't have to fast before the regular 1-hr glucose test. If I remember right, I was told to eat something the morning of my glucose test and to avoid sugary and carb things. I think I had a banana that morning and maybe a hard boiled egg, which is a normal breakfast for me. I passed! I'm nervous about the next one though. Also, don't freak out if it doesn't go well for the 1-hr test. You can still pass the 3-hr test. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how fast time is flying by. It seems like you were just 12 weeks last week. Looking great momma!

    ReplyDelete