Sunday, July 29, 2012

27 Weeks



How Far Along: 27 weeks...

Size of Baby:  A head of cauliflower!

Total Weight Gain: Still about 17 pounds. Didn't gain any this past week. But I'm sure I'll make up for it this week. No worries.

Gender: Baby girl.

Movement: I am thinking I may have experienced my first set of hiccups Thursday! It seemed like she was moving all day, but then I finally realized that a lot of the movement wasn't kicks or jabs, it was just movement. Either way, I love that she's moving so much.

Sleep: In comparison to past weeks, it's been okay.

Maternity Clothes: I've now moved onto the I want to just be in big cotton t's and comfy shorts when I'm home during the day phase. Regular clothes (even maternity) are just so clingy and make me so hot. I think the humidity is part of this problem.

Symptoms: Still think I'm experiencing round ligament pain. Plan to ask the doctor about it on Wednesday. Also....the nosebleeds decided to come back for another appearance this past week. 

Cravings: Well...I ate these this week...


What I miss: A glass of red wine at our anniversary dinner on Thursday would have been nice!

Best Moment this week: Lately, I've been able to feel her from the outside. I'm not sure if it's a head or bottom, but you can definitely feel her under the belly. Kind of weird, kind of cool!

What I AM Looking Forward To: The Olympics!! (totally not pregnancy related, I know!)

Other notes from this week: Saw my doctor on Wednesday. Well, I saw a nurse practitioner because my doctor was delivering at the hospital. I expressed more concern about my rib/back pain, so she sent me for an ultrasound of my gallbladder to make sure I don't have gallstones. As we both expected, I don't have them, but I feel so much better knowing it's just a growing uterus causing my pain and not gallstones. The pain is still there, but at least I know it's not from another medical problem. Oh! And I passed my gestational diabetes test!


10 comments:

  1. So, here's the deal with the pain with me.
    Probably the same with you.
    It's round ligament pain for sure. I went and got totally checked out and am in the clear for gallstones and everything else too.
    I started prenatal yoga Friday night and was talking to the instructor.
    She told me some people have that pain lower abdomem but other women have it upper.
    There are 2 ligaments.. right around your ribs that get pulled and that's what it is.
    STRETCHING!! UGH!!
    The yoga totally helped and I'm heading back Wed. night and this coming weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for passing the glucose test! Now I want a doughnut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dress! Such a pretty color! How cool to experience hiccups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started having nosebleeds this week too. Good news on the glucose test!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to tell you how GORGEOUS your hair is! I don't know much on the baby front, but I hope that a side effect that everyone gets to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so great Rachel! And your hair looks incredible :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look wonderful!! So glad things are going well and that you don't have gestational diabetes! That thought always scares me the most when thinking about pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your hair in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL. As soon as I get home from work, I change into comfy clothes. I cannot stand being "restricted" by clothes anymore. LOL

    ReplyDelete