Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Disney Recap

Alright folks, get ready for a Disney picture overload! This might get long!
 I was going to break up my Disney recap into a few posts, but it'll just be easier to put it all in one post.

You can't tell by a lot of the photos, but we had AWFUL weather most of our visit thanks to Tropical Storm Debby. One minute the sun would come out, and the next would be a total downpour with crazy winds. We definitely were rocking some ponchos on our visit!

Day 1: Epcot in the RAIN!








Lunch in Germany was quite delicious!


Day 2: Magic Kingdom and Dinner at Boma





One of my favorite parts of Disney is the Dole soft serve Pineapple ice cream in Adventureland...
I love this stuff!






This was my dessert plate at dinner. I wish I had taken a picture of my actual dinner. This was the best meal I've ever had at Disney. The food was outstanding! If you're planning a Disney trip, I would definitely include a dinner at Boma to your agenda!

Day 3: Hollywood Studios and then back to Epcot


Sad to be missing out on Tower or Terror






Day 4: Animal Kingdom






Day 5: Magic Kingdom





It got REALLY hot on our last day, so my mom and I took a break during the hottest hours of the day so I could get in the AC and take some time off my feet. We took the monorail to The Grand Floridian and Contemporary hotels and sat in their lobbies, had a snack, and shopped a little. This was a great way to get out of the heat and the crowds! 

The Grand Floridian was gorgeous!


Nighttime! Parade and Fireworks...





So there ya have it! This was my first time to Disney in 10 years! So much is the same, but there were lots of new things to see. Being at Disney as an adult AND pregnant made this a very different trip for me. I think later this week I'll do a post later this week on going to Disney while pregnant (and in the summer, none the less!). There are certainly some things I wish I had thought about before my trip!

9 comments:

  1. I love all the same things at Disney as you! The Dole Whip in Adventureland, Tower of Terror and Boma is def. my favorite restaurant too!!! Lovely pics, makes me want to go back asap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that grey/white striped top with the turquoise necklace, and those are some great fireworks photos! I'm not pregnant, nor plan to be, but I'd still love to hear your tips for visiting Disney while pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We liked the German Biergarten too! And the Dole Whip is so yummy... We go to Disneyland frequently and get it there (but the lines are always super long for it )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pictures! Disney is my favorite place! We went for our Honeymoon then back two years after that. If you go too often I think it takes the spark of excitement out of it. We have said we won't go back until we have kids. Such a wonderful trip though! Can't wait to hear how you did with the heat and being pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun trip. And you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a fun trip! I'm trying hard not to be too jealous, though. Disney is my favorite place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT! Looks like an amazing time! You look adorable in your red Disney shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, I'm sorry the weather didn't cooperate more. It still looks like you had a great time though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AH I love your recap! Disney is one of my favorite places ever!I love your Wishes pictures, I never can seem to take good ones at night!

    ReplyDelete