Monday, July 2, 2012

Menu Monday and a VERY yummy dessert!

Happy Monday!

Since I was in Disney last week, there wasn't too much cooking going on. 

Here's what we made this weekend after I got back from my trip.


Hope you will link up your own menu below!

Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Bacon, Tomato, Lettuce, and Provolone
and Grilled Veggies (zucchini and white bell peppers)


No need to share a recipe, this is really exactly what it says above! I didn't marinate the chicken, just flattened it and grilled it. I did drizzle the veggies with a little olive oil and seasoned them with salt and pepper. That's it!



I have to admit, when J shared this recipe with me, I was hesitant...it sounded a little odd, but boy, was it good! I loved these! If you wanted to simplify it, you could easily use hummus and skip the chickpeas and all the steps that go along with that. 



My friend Ashley shared this recipe with me on Friday, and Saturday I was at the store buying the ingredients to make it! We had this for dessert after both of the meals above, and OH MY GOSH! It was SO yummy. It is by no means and low cal or low fat dessert, it's actually full of both of those, but I don't even care. It's so good! I served ours with fresh strawberries, mint from the backyard, and a little chocolate syrup. I think chopped pecans or walnuts would be a nice addition too!

Okay, now it's your turn! Link up below so we can check out what you were cooking this week!

4 comments:

  1. Those pitas look so good- and that nutella pie is a dangerous recipe for me to have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pie looks amazing! perfect dessert for a hot summer night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good grilled chicken sandwich is perhaps one of my favorite old standby meals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must make that nutella pie. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete