Monday, July 16, 2012

Menu Monday

Happy Monday Menuers! Hope you all have been eating well.
Here's what we ate this week:




I usually make this with london broil, but we had flank steak in the freezer, so flank steak it was! The orzo recipe was one I found thanks to a post from Iowa Girl Eats...and it was an excellent summery side! I highly recommend it!

Shredded Chicken Tacos and Green Chile Frittata 


For the tacos, I baked my chicken with EVOO and s&p for about 40 minutes (covered), then Is shredded it. After that, I put that shredded chicken in a pan over medium heat with some water and this taco seasoning. After about 5 minutes, my chicken was perfectly seasoned! We topped our tacos with avocados, cilantro, lime, and salsa.

Goat Cheese Ravioli with Vodka Sauce and Mixed Green Salad


Since moving to Charlotte, a few people have told me about this great, local shop called Pasta and Provisions. I finally made a trip over there and bought some things last week, including this. There food is fresh, but makes for a quick meal on a night when I don't feel like cooking. I'll definitely be going back!
Cherry-Walnut-Gorgonzola Gnocchi and Mixed Greens Salad



So, there were two opinions regarding this meal...I really liked it, J didn't quite feel the same way. But, then again, he doesn't like cherries very much! I started with this recipe, and basically did the same thing, just threw in some gorgonzola and switched hazelnuts for walnuts since we already had a bag of them. For me, it was a great blend of sweet and savory, but it just wasn't J's thing. 

Now it's your turn! Link up below so we can see what you're eating!

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious as always! I always forget about orzo.... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So are there cheeses and foods you can't eat when you're pregnant? Has that affected your menus at all? ( :

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just pinned that fritatta so I can make it another day. Sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete