Sunday, August 5, 2012

28 Weeks...Hello 3rd Trimester!


Someone wanted to be a part of my photo shoot this week...


How Far Along: 28 Weeks - the third trimester! I cannot believe we're 2/3 of the way there. In some ways, it feels like I've been pregnant forever, but in other ways, I feel like I still need 6 more months before she arrives!

Size of Baby:  She's an eggplant this week...around 14.5 inches long and 2.5 pounds

Total Weight Gain: I haven't weighed myself since we got back from vacation yesterday and I really don't want to...I see the doctor Wednesday where I'll get an accurate number.

Gender: Girl!

Movement: Tons and tons. Movement and what I think are hiccups. When I don't feel her move for awhile, I do get worried, but then I have to remind myself that she is still spending more than half the day sleeping.

Sleep: Considering we were on vacation and I wasn't in my own bed, I slept pretty well this week. 

Maternity Clothes: Can't remember if I've mentioned this before, but I love the Old navy tank tops I bought last month. They're not maternity, but I bought a size up, and they're perfect. They're nice and long and give me good coverage. And cheap!

Symptoms: Round ligament pain is in full effect. Rib and back pain is still here. Thank goodness for heating pads.

Cravings: The usual...Lucky Charms, Nutella, Popsicles...can you tell my cravings are all on the sweet side?

What I miss: Sitting and sleeping comfortably, but then I see my belly move, and I quickly remember how much I wouldn't trade this for a comfortable night of sleep.

Best Moment from the Past Week: Being on our last vacation without the baby. Sort of bittersweet! J has a cousin who was at the lake with us this past week (Hi Lauren!), and she was there with her baby girl who was born last October. It was crazy thinking we'd have our own little girl crawling around at the lake with us next year!

What I Am Looking Forward To: We start our childbirth classes at the hospital this week!

Other Milestones: Now that I'm in the third trimester, I'm seeing the doctor every two weeks. 

7 comments:

  1. love the old navy tank tops too!! Loved them preggo and post preggo and NOW. They are easy for nursing too so I can be found in one daily. Love em'!
    Love the last pic with you and the doggy too! Getting closer to meeting your sweetie. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you be any cuter? Hooray for the 3rd trimester! Each week you reach is such a milestone. She'll be here before you know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, 3rd trimester! Can you believe it? And you look great, mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look GREAT! I'm still having pain too but it's not as excruiating as it was.
    Still hurts though.
    We're actually starting our childbirth classes in 2-weeks. A little early but I know the Fall is going to be insane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to provide a preview! :). Can't wait for next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look adorable! :) Yeah, I'm not sleeping all that well myself anymore. :( Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah - you're pregnant all of a sudden :)

    ReplyDelete