Monday, August 27, 2012

Menu Monday!

I promised I'd be back this week! 
I have lots of meals to share. I hope you'll link up your own menu below!




We had less pesto than I thought in our fridge, so I ended up adding in some butter and extra seasoning. Worked just fine and was still tasty! I also used shells this time instead of orecchiette.

Burgers with Gorgonzola and Cucumber Salad


Soaking up these last few weeks of summer and using the grill as much as possible!

Grilled Chicken Sausage, Tomato Soup Mac and Cheese, and Buttered Beans


A very solid meal, if I do say so myself! For the beans, I just browned them in some butter and olive oil, and threw in about tablespoon of flower to add some texture...almost to make it a butter gravy? We had had some beans served this way at a restaurant a few months ago, so I wanted to try it at home. Ended up being quite tasty!

Twice Baked Potatoes


Here's what went in mine this week (this was for 2 potatoes): 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt, 3 strips of bacon (crumbled), chopped green onions, 2 tablespoons of butter, about 1/4 cup of milk, 1 cup of cheddar, s & p, and my secret ingredient....about 1 tablespoon of horseradish! These were excellent and full of flavor!



We love this meal and have Kate to thank for it! I love how easy it is, plus it's tasty and not too bad for you! I also use Kate's recommendation of nixing the gorgonzola that the original recipe calls for and just do some shredded parmesan instead. It's not missing anything without the gorgonzola!

And just for fun...
Our date night dinner on Saturday 


I had heard good things about this restaurant, so we made some reservations on Open Table and enjoyed dinner in the charming town of Davidson this past Saturday at Flatiron. We were very happy with our food choices! I especially loved the s'mores in a jar dessert that we ended with!

 Alrighty, that's all I've got for this week. Hope you will link up below!




2 comments:

  1. I'm adding that warm asparagus steak salad to my menu this week!! That looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete