Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Nursery: Inspiration & Ideas

I've been compiling ideas for months for my nursery for this little girl, but I really haven't shared much on here. I need to state that I am NO good at home decorating. Putting together patterns and colors is just not my strong suit. Thank goodness for pinterest and the ideas we can get from there. Also, we have done pretty much NOTHING to the nursery at this point. At our childbirth class this past Monday, one of the things that all the couples had to share was how much of their nursery was done. We were definitely the furthest behind. Most couples said they were anywhere from 50-100% done. We happily said we have a crib...in a box. And that's about it!

Back to my nursery ideas...from the time the ultrasound tech told us we are having a girl, I knew I wanted my nursery to be feminine, but not girly. I don't want princesses and tiaras, but I still wanted it to look like a little girl's room. After establishing that and getting J on board, I decided to go with grey walls and then lots of pink, white, and orange accents. I want the colors to be bright and citrusy, but I like that the grey walls will give it a calming feeling.

Here's my idea board right now...



Hopefully I'll be able to pull off something that comes close to the nursery I'm picturing in my head! 
I promise to update you all as we get to work on the room!

14 comments:

  1. Love it!! I'm sure you will pull off something even cuter than you imagine! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!!! Can't wait to see!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the paisley! As you know, I'm doing paisley too!
    It's going to be cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your color scheme and thoughts behind the room. Very fresh approach in the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love grey and pink together and the orange will definitely brighten it up. Can't wait to see it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun seeing you the other night as well! :)

    I think this will come together beautifully. I love pink and orange together! I'm like you though, I have NO CLUE how to put different fabrics and everything together. It's intimidating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! the bedding we are using has pink and orange in it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your ideas! I can't wait to see the final product, it will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors! We did our walls in gray as well and we are doing orange accents for now until we find out the gender at delivery. Then at some point, we are going to add in either pink or blue accents. I'll have to remember to come and check out your finished product if it's a girl for pink inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of the bright citrus colors in your inspiration pictures. I just know your nursery will end up being perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love all of that!!! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see it! :)

    ReplyDelete