So sorry to those of you who were ready to link up on Monday for Menu Monday. I just couldn't get my act together and get my post up. It will definitely be back next week.
In the meantime...here's a bit of a brain dump for this Wednesday morning, I'll try not to ramble too much!
1. We have finished our child birth classes! Do I feel ready to give birth? No way! It's still a very overwhelming thing to think about, but I definitely feel more prepared. I'm glad we did the class and think J and I both got some beneficial information from the class.
2. I've been doing a lot of research about bringing the baby home to a house with 2 big (spoiled) dogs. I definitely plan to have J or a family member bring home a blanket first so the dogs can smell it, and I also plan to enter the house without the baby in my arms when I leave the hospital. Does anyone else have some good suggestions that worked for your family? I am not too worried about Rosie, she was in a home with young kids before we adopted her, but this will be all new to Layla. I want it to be as easy as we can make it on her. I just feel like her whole life if about to get turned upside down.
3. I recently read Gone Girl and Where We Belong while we were on vacation. I highly recommend both! Any suggestions on what I should read next?
4. I am so ready for fall TV! All of these summer reality shows that come on in the evening just aren't doing it for me. I am ready for our favorites to return, along with some of the new shows that are coming out (Nashville especially!)
5. Today marks 10 years since I moved into my freshmen dorm at JMU. I am so confused as to how in the world ten years have passed. It's crazy how much has changed in ten years. Ten years ago I was leaving home for the first time, and now I'm getting ready to bring my own baby girl into the world.
6. Pumpkin beer is everywhere! And I must admit, it's killing me that I can't have any. Time to start stocking up so I have some to drink once our baby is here. Go out and drink one for me if you're not pregnant. Fall is my favorite beer season!
Okay....enough rambling for one morning!