Sunday, September 16, 2012

34 Weeks




How Far Along: 34 Weeks!

Size of Baby:  About the size of a cantaloupe. About 5 pounds and 18 inches long.

Total Weight Gain: +28 pounds. In general, I'm pretty sure she's had a growth spurt. My belly just looks and feels bigger. I had sort of noticed this but then on Friday night J even made a comment that my belly looked like it had grown.

Gender: Baby girl! 

Movement: Still going strong! This baby is so high and her kicks definitely make me yelp out in surprise through out the day. Lots of hiccups this week too.

Sleep: The week started with some awful sleep. Lots of insomnia and waking up every few hours in pain, but the past 2 nights have been wonderful with no wake ups during the night. I'm also finding a nap is helpful in the afternoons. I'm exhausted every day by about 2 or 3pm. 

Maternity Clothes: As you saw from my blog post this week, yes....all maternity! I am loving the maternity leggings I got.

Symptoms: Rib and back pain. Heartburn. My upper belly is starting to feel achey too, sort of around the same spot where my ribs are hurting. 

Bellybutton: Still flat, but it's iffy by the end of the day. I bet it will "pop" this week.

Cravings: I had to have a Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Donut on Friday morning for breakfast. It was definitely worth getting up early to go get it!


What I miss: Just being comfortable.

Best Moments from the Past Week
  • Met with the pediatrician last week and it went well! Glad to have found one and crossed that item off the to do list! 
  • We also practiced installing the car seat. A lot of you left good advice last week and mentioned the fear of installing it too early, getting in a fender bender, and then needing a whole new car seat before the baby comes. I hadn't thought of this at all, but it was a great point. We both practiced and figured out how to put it in, and I think we'll install it "for real" around 37-38 weeks (the base only), unless she decides to come earlier!
What I Am Looking Forward To: Seeing the doctor this week. 

7 comments:

  1. Still loving reading your updates since we're on the exact same timeline. I have gestational diabetes and that donut looks so good. I've got a running list of the things my husband is to bring me in the hospital. Sushi and a pumpkin chocolate chip cake from my favorite Greensboro bakery are on the very top!

    You're right about the growth spurt. I'm feeling HUGE this week. My doctor told me this was a week to be careful with the GD because between 32-33 they have a big growth spurt, so there's probably a reason we're feeling this way.

    Are you having BH contractions all of the time? I'm so sore. I feel like it's because my muscles are in a constant state of contraction.

    I love that top. I'm hesitant to order any of the cute stuff you posted because I'd have to wait a few weeks for it to arrive, but might have to sneak out to motherhood for that shirt. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I've never had their pumpkin doughnut before but I will definitely be going to get one now :) yummy! (and I'm not even pregnant...just a hungry mommy!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look SOOO cute!!!
    Cannot believe your little sweetie will be here in 6 weeks or less! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a pumpkin scone last night and it was delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow, so I completely relate to you. I also miss being comfortable and wearing normal clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fantastic! We don't have Dunkin Donuts here but I need to track down a pumpkin donut ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pumpkin donut looks yummy! I'm 4 months pregnant and I love the pumpkin bread from Startbucks:)

    ReplyDelete