Sunday, September 23, 2012

35 Weeks...we're getting close!


How Far Along: 35 Weeks

Size of Baby:  A coconut! Baby girl is probably about 18 inches and a little over 5 pounds...we get an ultrasound in two weeks and I am hoping we get a better idea as to how big she really is.

Total Weight Gain: +29/30 pounds...I'm not loving those numbers, BUT I want to be honest, because I know I feel discouraged when I read people's pregnancy updates and they say they've gained 15 pounds at 35 weeks.

Gender: Girl!

Movement: Oh yes. She's moving ALL over. I can definitely tell by her movements that she's getting bigger. They are sharper and more jarring than they have been in the past.

Sleep: The first half of the week, I slept pretty well. But these last 2 nights, TERRIBLE. I think a big part of that has been a cold/allergies that have made it difficult to sleep. My head has so much pressure in it. I love fall, but my body isn't adjusting to the temperature changes very well.

Maternity Clothes: Obsessed with my maternity leggings. Seriously, greatest pregnancy item yet. 

Symptoms: Still feels like I've got a knife twisting in my ribs and back, but that's not new. Walking is getting harder, I definitely feel like I'm waddling by the end of the day. Also, some braxton hicks contractions, but only a few. And I've been feeling really light headed the past couple of days when I'm seated for a long time, standing up seems to make it better. 

Bellybutton: It's still hanging in there, barely.

Cravings: Donuts, crackers and cheese (specifically a havarti dill we picked up from TJ's), and water. I can't get enough water these days.

What I miss: Peaceful sleep.

Best Moments from the Past Week
  • This was my first week of weekly appointments. All looks and is measuring well. 
  • Went to another consignment sale this week and got TONS for the baby!
  • Not sure if this was really a "best" moment, but I want to document it. I went to a La Leche League meeting in Charlotte this week, as I do hope to breast feed. It was....helpful. A lot of the moms definitely parent and mother in different ways than I plan to parent, but they were all very kind and extremely helpful with advice and tips for those first few days and weeks of breast feeding.
What I Am Looking Forward To: Meeting the baby....it's getting SO close!!

21 comments:

  1. You look great! I gained between 35 and 40 pounds and didn't love the number either. Now that I am two months post birth and almost back to pre-pregnancy weight without doing a thing, I wish I didn't worry so much about it. Don't beat yourself up over it. You'll bounce back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love nursing - I nursed all 4 of mine and enjoyed it so much. Grab me at church or give me a call if you need any help with it all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea where the 30 lbs is on you - you are all belly! My number was totally scary to me as well - I think it was 42 by the end. Way more than I wanted to gain. But it'll come off eventually!

    You are a brave one to hit up LLL - I am a huge fan of the organization's mission, but I think some of its individuals are off-putting / aggressive, especially for brand-new or expecting mamas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are adorable! all belly! and I am loving that havarti dill right now...i have that or their brie with pepper jelly on crackers daily

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful and totally don't look like you've gained 30lbs at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe you're having a BABY soon!! So exciting.

    Also, if you told me you gained 30 pounds I would say you were lying. I am NOT trying to flatter you, but you're probably thinner than someone who only gained 15 pounds and could have stood to use a few before the whole baby situation. So try not to fret, you look AMAZING.

    Plus, didn't Reese Whitherspoon and Heidi Klum gain like 50 and 60 pounds? I mean, hello.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so great! I can't wait to meet your little baby girl :) Looking forward to dinner next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're getting so close and you look great! I gained 32lbs with Landon and I have no idea how that was it. I didn't exercise and I ate like a pig lol.

    Maternity leggings are awesome. I lived in mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great! Honestly, all belly :) To make you feel better, I was at 29 lbs at 33 weeks. I have my 35 week appointment Wednesday and I'm sure I've gained more so I'm either right with you or a little more. The numbers have been hard for me as well. I know though that I'm making good decisions food-wise and I'm doing my best to stay as active as my body will let me (I've been having more and more BH contractions).

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great! I can't wait until I'm that far along! Almost! :)

    brittanysiemens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word, I'm so impressed with you - attending a LLL meeting! I was terrified to do that. I did find The Nursing Mother's place at Presby to be so helpful and I attribute my nursing success to my incredibly supportive husband. He knew it was important to me to nurse Molly (and I did, for a year!) and even when I got so frustrated and upset, he would tell me I could always stop BUT that I was doing it and could keep doing it...that day/week was just difficult.

    You look fantastic! And you're totally making me want to take belly shots. I did it every week with Molly but haven't done *any* with this baby. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl you are ALL belly. You look so good!

    And those LLL members can be scary. They have the right idea, but... man, you're brave. They intimidated me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look GREAT! just a few more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look great and you're so close!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look wonderful, Rachel. The weight gain is indeed a hard pill to swallow, but we have to keep reminding ourselves there is a reason for it! And you know what? I bet you about 1/2 of that will come off the day she is born. But then you won't even care because you'll have the most precious peanut in your arms. Can't wait to see her in 5-ish weeks! Oh, and for what it's worth, I gained about 40 lbs and lost it all by 6 months pp.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look great! I wouldn't worry about the weight too much. My sister gained about 26 pounds with my niece. This past weekend we had our "Crazy Cousin Cards/Cubs Baseball Weekend." My cousin's girlfriend just had her second child at 28. She gained virtually nothing with Baby #1. Baby #2 was born two months ago and she said she gained 78 pounds! I was floored because you can't really tell -- she's done well to work most of it off by now. Either way, she's incredibly happy as is her entire family. Thus, I wouldn't fret too much. Every little pound is worth it for Baby W.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I concur with everyone here- you look GREAT! Seriously such a cute pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are looking great! Hope you can get some more sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow I'm just a few weeks ahead of you, but I swear I could've written this post myself. Also, it hasn't been cool enough here yet for leggings so I'm jealous about that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. As others have said, you do truly look fantastic! I gained 33 lbs with my first and was able to lose all of it within just a few months, mostly due to breastfeeding. I regularly attend local LLL meetings here in Tulsa, and I TOTALLY agree that I don't parent or mother like 99% of the moms there, but I continue to go 1) b/c I do truly get some support and 2) I hope to provide a different perspective for any other moms that attend that don't fit in perfectly either.

    If you have ANY breastfeeding questions, please feel free to contact me, or if you are awake at 4am wondering when you're going to get your next three hours of sleep, you can email me :) I'm no expert, but I experienced a lot of things nursing my son last year and this year. Sometimes I just needed to vent to another mom who was going through the same thing. My second is due in December, so I'll be up all night too here pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Girly, you know I'm right there with you with the honesty of weight gain! I haven't been trying to hide anything on my blog. I'm between 37-40 pounds at this point! :) But ya know what? I'm totally OK with it. Most of my friends gained more than that with their kids.

    ReplyDelete