Sunday, September 30, 2012

36 Weeks!


How Far Along: 36 Weeks

Size of Baby: A honeydew melon....about five and half pounds and 18 inches long. We'll find out a better measurement at our ultrasound on Tuesday

Total Weight Gain: +30....not much of a change from last week. Also, thanks for your sweet words last week about weight gain. Hearing all of your stories was so reassuring!

Gender: Girl!

Movement: Yup.

Sleep: I'm just so tired all the time that I don't think the pain and having to go to the bathroom keep me up anymore. Last night I slept for almost 11 hours (with 2 trips to the bathroom). Also...napping is my favorite these days.

Maternity Clothes: Let's talk about my feet. I am going to be sad when I can't wear my Reef flip flops anymore. Flats provide very little support and I feel like my feet are way too confined in anything other than flip flops. 

Symptoms
  • New symptoms - my fingers and joints in my hands hurt, and my shins and the soles of my feet are extra sore pretty much every morning. 
  • Also? This one isn't new, but I haven't mentioned it before...waking up in the middle of the night with a Charlie Horse? Oh my gosh - HORRIBLE pain. Not sure what that's about. Only happens in the middle of the night.
  • Braxton Hicks contractions are happening a little more often than before.
Bellybutton: It is SO close to popping. Just barely hanging on.

Cravings: I am so thirsty all the time. I have been drinking a ridiculous amount of water. 

What I miss: This is a really silly one, but I really wish I were buying the cute colored skinnies for fall! I know they make them in maternity, but I just can't justify buying a maternity item that is so "trendy." I would like to be able to re-wear most of my maternity items in future pregnancies, and unfortunately, I doubt those will still be in style in the future. 

Best Moments from the Past Week
  • Got a flu shot! Not a pleasant moment, but glad it's done and off my to do list.
  • The nursery is SO close to being done. Thank you to my husband for helping me take care of just a few final projects! AND to my MIL for finishing and sending us the bumper for her crib. It's perfect!
  • Hospital bag is packed + a list beside it of last minute packing items!
What I Am Looking Forward To: Dinner with friends tomorrow night, hopefully a pedicure this week, and most importantly, our ultrasound on Tuesday! This will be the first ultrasound we've had since 18 weeks!

15 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of all the cute colored skinnies too! I hope it's still trendy next Fall so I can get some too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking adorable!!

    Hope you keep feeling okay - hang in there, not much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have died if I were heavily pregnant in the colder weather because I could only wear flip flops around 36 weeks and they cut into my feet too. I couldn't imagine actual shoes! My fingers swelled too and I had to stop wearing my rings :(

    I got the charlie horses in the middle of the night too! AWFUL! I don't miss those!

    You look great! Almost done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree about the bright colored skinnies, and not buying them in maternity. I was so tempted but didn't for all the same reasons. Hopefully they will still be in style post pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the charlie horses too. When we were in birthing classes they explained them and said to do toes to the nose. I woke up crying several nights in horrible pain and my husband would grab my foot and pull my arch/toes towards my nose. It helped!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so great! Towards the end of my pregnancy I got carpal tunnel and my hands and joints hurt SO much. Isn't pregnancy so bizarre in some ways? Hang in there you are doing awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had TERRIBLE Charlie Horses too! Drink as much water as you can and try to stretch every day {HA HA HA STRETCHING is what you're thinking right now, right?}... if nothing else, do a little point and flex with your feet when you're watching TV!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking great, girl! I bought a pair of black skinnies because, well, because they fit! I figure black pants will never be out of style. Also- I can't believe it's been so long since you've had an ultrasound. I swear I had one at each visit last time around and so far with this pregnancy, too. It will be such an exciting appointment for y'all. I can't believe you're so close! Almost full term. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great!!! So jealous of all of your sleep!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look fantastic!! Enjoy your pedicure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The skinniest are cute. I have 2 months left. Where do you think they sell maternity? Also, knock on wood but I've been feeling good despite getting tired so easily. I'm super thirsty all the time and have to pee 24/7! Can't wait to see the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omigosh those dang charlies horses. I used to wake up SCREAMING in pain which would cause Luke to believe I was being murdered. They hurt SO BAD. They do go right away after you give birth though so thats good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great! It is getting closer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. those charlie horses were one of the WORST things about the entire pregnancy. i used to wake up screaming at least once a night. good times. the good thing is, they pretty much disappear after you have the baby. so not too much longer :0

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look fantastic! :) Hope other than the random aches & pains you're still feeling great! :)

    ReplyDelete