Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Menu Monday

I know I'm posting this late and it's a holiday, but I figured I'd post it anyway! Here are our meals from last week. Please feel free to link up below! Even if you don't do your post today, I'd love to see what you're eating!




As always, these were GREAT! We topped ours with cabbage, pico, and limes. Yummmm! And of course, after dinner J had to find something to fry up with his leftover batter and oil. That meant fried dog treats for Layla and Rosie. Don't worry, they each got one small treat. They would have liked more though!



Trader Joe's Kansas City BBQ with frozen fries and corn on the cob


This was an easy, throw together kind of meal. If you've never had this BBQ from TJ's, it's really quite good! You can find it in the refrigerated (NOT frozen) section there.



I honestly can't remember if I had made this before, but it was a really tasty and easy pasta dish. Of course it was pretty decadent, being Pioneer Woman and all, but I tried to lighten it up a little by using light cream and less butter than she called for. Still turned out great (despite this crappy photo)! I think I might add some peas to it next time.

Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwiches


Yep....no sides on this night. Pregnant wife fail. I had planned to do roasted broccoli but my back hurt so badly by the time I got ready to do this, so we settled for a side of Baked Lays. Sometimes that just happens! Sandiwches were yummy though! We topped them with provolone, bacon, lettuce, and tomato.



Again, terrible photo. When we eat late and there's no natural light, it's nearly impossible to get a decent photo of our food. Anyhow, these were J's sandwiches that made for us and they were pretty darn good! His homemade pimento cheese was hit!

And just for fun...
My Labor Day Breakfast Casserole


Since J was home from work this morning, I thought it might be fun to make a nice breakfast. Molly shared this recipe with me last month, and y'all, it's a winner! It calls for rosemary or oregano, I did fresh rosemary and it was the perfect kick in the finished dish. I'll definitely be making this again.

Hope you will link up below! Remember, it's okay if you don't post on Mondays, and your menu can be of LAST week or the UPCOMING week. Whatever style best suits you! There are no rules...it's just fun to get ideas from other bloggers!


1 comment:

  1. Asheville is finally getting a Trader Joe's! I'm definitely going to have to check out their BBQ.

    ReplyDelete