Monday, September 24, 2012

Menu Monday


Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad


I had a great cobb salad at a restaurant a couple of weeks ago that I just haven't been able to stop thinking about, so I wanted to make it again at home! Our salads included romaine, spinach, avocado, cherry tomatoes (me), red bell pepper (J), purple onion, bacon, hard boiled egg, and some monterey and colby shredded cheese. And of of course, we topped them with grilled chicken breasts. This was a great, filling meal!



 Original recipe calls for broccoli, J used snap peas instead



Not the best photo, but this was excellent! This was one of J's meals and he served these in buns after they came off the grill. A great "German" meal! I enjoyed mine with some grapes....a very common side at most of my meals these days.



Y'all know I love a good risotto! I made a few changes to this recipe. When browning the onions, I also  threw in 4 slices of pancetta that I had chopped up. At the end of the recipe, maybe when I was adding that last cup or two of broth, I threw in 4-5 big handfuls of fresh spinach. I loved the finish product! I also omitted the parsley.

Okay, you're turn! Please link up below!
*Please only add ONE link with your menu, all extras will be deleted*




1 comment: