Sunday, October 14, 2012

38 Weeks



How Far Along: 38 Weeks

Size of Baby: According to The Bump, a pumpkin. How appropriate!

Total Weight Gain: 34 pounds.

Gender: A sweet baby girl!

Movement: Yes. High, low, feet and elbows and knees poking out everywhere....this little baby seems to be all over these days. 

Sleep: Not the greatest but not the worst. I find that when I do wake up at night, my belly just hurts on the top. I think the muscles in there are just so stretched and strained, and sleeping in one position for hours at a time just make it hurt.

Maternity Clothes: Yes. A hilarious question to even ask at this stage. And my poor feet are just huge and they ache. Even though it's gotten cooler out, I'm heavily relying on my flip flops.

Signs of Labor/Symptoms
  • Back and rib pain is still here
  • Heartburn and indigestion has gotten better
  • Feeling the baby move very, very low. 
  • Swollen and achey feet, hands, fingers. They hurt the most when I wake up in the morning.
  • Cramping and some contractions. Nothing is consistent or regular though.
Bellybutton: Mostly flat, pops out a teeny bit sometimes

Cravings: Nothing in particular. 

What I miss: Lots. Mostly just having my body back.

Best Moments from the Past Week
  • Saw the doctor Friday, I've progressed a little, but not much. He did strip my membranes, but unlike many of the success stories I've heard from others, I'm still pregnant. 
  • All the time I'm spending with J and the dogs. I know a lot of our time together will change soon.
What I Am Looking Forward To: Having a baby....maybe this will be the week!

9 comments:

  1. You look great, all belly! You're so close to the end, any time now! :)

    At my 39 week appointment I was 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. No one thought I was going to go on my own and we were talking induction if Landon hadn't come by my due date because he was getting really big and they wanted to avoid the c-section. My water broke 2 days later, so don't feel discouraged that you haven't progressed much. It can happen whenever regardless. I hope you go on your own soon, it sounds like you're done with being pregnant.

    I thought I'd get my body back after the baby came out too. However, if you breastfeed, you body still isn't truly your own until you wean. It's much better, but still not yours. No one told me I'd feel that way, but it's the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic! :) I feel that weird painful sleeping thing. It's all kinds of odd sleeping these days. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I'm hoping it's this week for you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your sweet baby comes soon! It's such an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to tell my story to all my expectant friends... With my first pregnancy my hips and back hurt so badly that one evening I got out my huge exercise ball and sat on it for a while - like maybe 15 mins. I just circled my hips trying to get some relief. Then I went to bed. Sometime around midnight my water broke and about 12 hours later I had my baby girl. The story would not be that remarkable l guess except that with my second pregnancy the exact same thing happened! I'm not kidding. I got out the ball and circled my hips for a few minutes just to get some relief. Around 2 am that morning my water broke while I was sleeping and 11 hours later I had a baby. So if you have a ball, get it out. Might work for you too! And even if it doesn't, it really does help with the lower back strain. Can't wait to see pics of your baby girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So close! I'm thinking good thoughts for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So close, and you're still looking so cute! The stripped membranes...ahh, I went two weeks late after mine were stripped. Fingers crossed that you go much sooner!

    And isn't it funny about the belly button? I'm 31 weeks and already starting to see some outage, but only sometimes. It never popped out with Molly. So weird :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. even at this stage, you look beautiful! good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete