Sunday, October 21, 2012

39 Weeks....we're so close!

How Far Along: 39 Weeks 

Size of Baby: A small watermelon. Also? She's the size a baby. 

Total Weight Gain: 35 pounds.

Gender: Girl

Movement: I've had fun trying to grab her feet this week. And push them out of my ribs where they're hanging out 95% of the time.

Sleep: Still okay. I'm really achey from sleeping on my sides and not moving much in my sleep, but for the most part, I am sleeping. And waking up 2-3 times a night to use the bathroom.

Maternity Clothes: I love my maternity tunics. I will likely keep wearing them with leggings long after the baby arrives. Regular tunics don't cover my behind well, but the maternity ones are the perfect length!

Signs of Labor/SymptomsPretty much the same as last week's list...achey, crampy, swollen feet and hands, heartburn....this is why I hate when people say "Enjoy these last few days!" - when you're this close to the end, it's sort of hard to enjoy it. I know that they mean well, but it's really the last thing I want to hear.

Bellybutton: Mostly flat, pops out a teeny bit sometimes

Cravings: Well...I did buy a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts on the way home from church this morning. But there's a good chance non-pregnant Rachel would have done the same thing!

What I miss: Wearing something on my feet other than flip flops

Best Moments from the Past Week

*Lots of fun medical talk....I want to have this documented for me. Feel free to skip over if you don't want to hear about my cervix...
  • Saw the doctor Wednesday (38 weeks, 6 days). He stripped my membranes again....but it didn't seem to help. I was 80% effaced and 3cm at this point. He is seeing me again on Wednesday of this week, and Thursday is my due date (Oct 25). He is on call on Thursday and he said he doesn't have a problem inducing me on that day. He said he usually likes to wait till 41 weeks to induce, but because my cervix is so "favorable," he's okay doing it at 40 weeks. So although we didn't set it in stone, I'm really hoping Thursday will be the latest! Hopefully next week at this time she will be here!
  • Other great moments: An awesome hike with J and the puppies yesterday. We've walked so much this week and yesterday's hike was so beautiful. The fall weather has been awesome. I will say, I'm glad I'm super pregnant in nice weather. Not too hot or cold. It's perfect!
  • I loved Pitch Perfect when I went on a movie date by myself on Friday! It'll probably be a long time before I go to see a movie alone again! I'm glad I went!

What I Am Looking Forward To: Meeting our baby! I can't even put into words the excitement I feel when I think about meeting her!!


And just for fun....I felt like I was so big 10 weeks ago. 
It's amazing how much more growing I still had left to do!



16 comments:

  1. I keep hearing good things about Pitch Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo close! You look great!

    You're progressed a lot, and I'd be totally on board with an induction by my due date too if I were you. Hell, I was fine with it when I was 1cm and 50% effaced a week before my due date when the Dr. said she wouldn't let L be born past 40 weeks :) Can't wait to hear that she's here and to see a picture and find out her name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you wait, you'll have the november birthstone ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I hope you have a very easy labor and recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So close! I can totally relate to the "enjoy it" comments... the more I think about it, the more I realize these last 2 weeks are way more miserable than the "dreaded first trimester." Nausea? Check. Fatigue? Check. Sleepless nights? Check. Plus I'm toting around an extra 30 lbs and contracting! Come on baby!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you and a wonderful L&D as you bring your baby girl into the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe she's almost here and how much she's grown in 10 weeks! I'm rooting for Wednesday so we can share the same birthday :) It's treated me well for the past 28 years. Wishing you the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was induced with my son at just past 40 weeks and everything went fine, but I've done a lot of research in this pregnancy (due 12/26) and (without hopefully sounding preachy) I would ask your OB what your Bishop's score is. It is used to help determine how favorable you are for an induction (meaning less likely to need a c-section). 3 cm and 80% effaced I'd say you'd have a good score, but I wish I'd known more the first time around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting that she could be here any day! Also, I really like your pink tunic! Where do you buy your maternity tunics? I need some!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are almost there!! i hated hearing to enjoy the end. i was just plain miserable! good thing is, they can't stay in there forever ;) you've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where did you get your tunics? Yes, you did grow a lot in 10-weeks!
    HOpe they schedule you this week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Final countdown - matter of days or hours!! I am so excited for you Rachel, nothing can prepare for the moment your sweet baby girl is placed in your arms!

    Thinking of you this week and cannot wait to "meet" your little lady on your blog soon x

    P.S. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting!!!!! Enjoy your last little of bit time just the two of you (and of course the dogs)!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at that beautiful bump! You look great in bright pink.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha! Someone commented about how big i was around 29 weeks. What I remembered from my first pregnancy was that you feel so big only to realize just how much bigger you can actually get.

    My due date was Oct 25, too, but I ended up going into labor last Thursday when I hit 39 weeks. OUr little surprise ended up being a little boy. Robert "Gray" arrived at 1:49 pm.

    Hoping your sweet little girl shows her face and gives you a very easy labor very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just found your blog...so cute! Can you tell me where you get your maternity tunics?? Ive been searching the internet but havent come up with much

    ReplyDelete