Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Around Here

I was inspired by Ali Edwards' blog last week to do an "Around Here..." post. 
Feel free to join in her link up!


Needing to have this house very clean and put together before the baby comes. I hate the idea of leaving for the hospital without a good vacuum first.

Reading The Expats and Heading Home With Your Newborn: From Birth to Reality. The first for fun, the latter to help wrap my brain around what's to come in just a few weeks.

Hoping I don't go into labor early. J thinks it's funny to keep reminding me that Thursday marks me at full term and she could come this weekend. I don't think it's funny at all.

Watching fall TV! Modern Family, Parks and Rec, Homeland, Dexter....all of our favorites have returned. We're also giving Last Resort a try.

Sleeping with our windows open. It's especially lovely when it's raining outside.

Wearing leggings, long cardigans over my maternity tops, and lots of tunics.

Feeling a little sad that these two loving dogs of ours are about to have their lives flipped upside down and they have no idea. Well...Layla has no idea. I think Rosie might actually sense that something is going on. Either way, I wish I could prepare them both for what's about to happen.

Spending money on all things related to the nursery. And a coming home outfit to put our baby girl into at the hospital.

Listening to The Lumineers, Avett Brothers, and Mumford and Sons' CD's. What more does one need for this fall?

Enjoying my time at home by myself during the day and lunches with J when he comes home around noon.

Dining out with friends. I love this city and the people here.

Dating my husband. As our time of just "us" winds down, we're doing our best to get out, enjoy new restaurants together, and just soak it all in before baby makes three (or 5 if if you include the pups!).

Daydreaming about a trip to the mountains to see the leaves change. If I weren't about to pop, we'd totally be taking a weekend trip to Asheville or Boone. Or even a longer trip to a football game in Harrisonburg....my favorite place in the world.

Wondering who this baby will look like. Will she have a head full of hair or be completely bald? Will she have dimples like her dad? Whose nose, chin, eyes, and mouth will she have?

4 comments:

  1. So exciting! She is almost here!!! I bet you have everything spick and span!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that last one made me cry....can't wait to see what she looks like!....can't wait for her to just get here!! Tell Layla she can come stay with me for awhile if she feels the need for more attention! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So close- it's such an exciting time! Buddy surprised us by being a perfect gentle-dog when Miss Priss arrived. I hope Layla does the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is exciting!! One of the gifts my Mom gave us in a cleaning service to come in and deep clean our house right before the baby comes.
    So glad!

    ReplyDelete