Thursday, October 25, 2012

due date

Today is October 25, my due date.

And there's a very good chance I will be having this baby today since we're hoping to get induced this morning.

A baby. Like a real little human! I can barely wrap my mind around that. I know I've been feeling her wiggle around in there since May, and we got the positive test back in February, but still. I can't believe that we're just hours away from meeting this little one.

I am slightly terrified, but mostly really excited. Excited to meet this baby; excited to be done with pregnancy; excited to start this next chapter; excited to see my husband become a father; excited to bring her home and start our family of five (yes, the dogs are included!).

I am definitely nervous about the birth. I'm worried about bringing her home to two dogs who won't really know what's going on and turning their little worlds upside down. And of course I'm afraid that I won't know what to do with this little person that we've been blessed with.

A dear friend texted me the exact words I needed to hear last night when I was on my 15th tissue of the night, crying my eyes out. She said, " It's overwhelming, to say the least. It's like saying goodbye to one part of your life and opening the door to the most amazing thing you'll ever experience."  I think she said it best. I'm so afraid of leaving this old part of me behind. It's who I've been for 28 years. I don't know anything else. But I have to remind myself that my fears are just that, fears. There is something amazing waiting for me...for us...on the other side of those fears.

I have a pretty good feeling that we're going to be a-okay. I know we're in good hands and He is watching over us and this baby He's blessed us with. And we're also surrounded by family and friends who will love and help us at this time.

Hopefully next time I'm updating this blog, I'll be able to tell you that our baby is here!

19 comments:

  1. Ahhhh Rach, you're having a baby today!!!! Today will be your daughter's BIRTHday (most likely)!!! You were one of the first things I thought about this morning!! So excited for y'all!!! I'll be praying for y'all & be waiting on baited breath to hear that she's made her arrival!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop whoop I am so excited for you!! I can't imagine how anxious you must be feeling - it's going to be SUCH an amazing day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you! You will do great and you and your husband will be amazing parents! I can't wait to see her first pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking good thoughts - it's a huge step!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck! I am only on day 9 of motherhood-- but it has been the most amazing 9 days of my life :) Even though I know it is hard-- relax today and enjoy every second :)

    Jill
    thehighsandmerlots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures! What an amazing experience you'll have!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me teary too. I'm so excited for you & J. You will be amazing parents & I know the pups will be great siblings. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting! Your friend is right. It is overwhelming, and you do change, but you're still you and the old parts do come out again sometimes, especially when you get the hang of motherhood, get to sleep again, and go out with your husband or girlfriends and leave the baby at home. It's so worth any changes you go through or any thing you lose from your old life. Good luck today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of prayers! It's an amazing, hard, rewarding change...SUCH a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck and congratulations! I always get overwhelmed when there is big life changes on the way, but I can tell you honestly from my heart it's like your life hasn't begun till they are there. The sense of purpose in your life is pretty incredible. And I cannot remember a time we have ever truly "missed the way it was". You're gonna start the best time of your life :) and it's going to make the holidays so much fun this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get overwhelmed just thinking about delivery day, but it's all so exciting!! I'm so happy for you today! I can't wait to see a picture of the sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you, friend! Expect many more texts from me in the next few months! I've been praying all day. I can't wait to hear that she has made her big debut.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just cried reading this. I'm due in a little over 2 months and I've been having all the same feelings. It's so scary and exciting all at the same time. Sending lots of prayers your way..good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This made me tear up! You will be wonderful parents. You're right. Your life will not be the same as it was yesterday, but it just gets better and better. We're blessed to take on this new role. I hope and pray things are going well for you right now! Can't wait to see sweet Baby W.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to hear the good news! The best is yet to come, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Praying for you and cant wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is so overwhelming and there will be times you won't know what to do and moments where you wish that you were back in that easy life you lived before she was here, but those feelings will all pass when you look down at her or hear her make a noise, and you WILL figure it all out eventually. And until then, you've got lots of friends to help you through the tough moments. You are a great mom already!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goodness gracious- I couldn't agree more with your fears and apprehensions. My husband and I have been married 6 years and I was feeling some of the EXACT same things! Not only that-- our kiddos share a birthday!!!!! Congrats on your arrival!

    ReplyDelete