Monday, October 8, 2012

Menu Monday

It's a cold and cloudy Monday morning in Charlotte! Looks like we'll probably be eating some soup this week since it's really starting to feel like fall. I'm going grocery shopping today for this upcoming week, and I'm almost hesitant to buy ingredients that are perishable since I feel like this baby could be here at anytime. Chances are, this won't be the week. But you never know! Either way, whenever she does arrive, there will be a break in the Menu Monday Link Up. But I promise to have it back up and running eventually!

Anyhow....here's what we cooked up this past week (when we weren't eating out...we've been trying to  enjoy our freedom and time as just the two of us as much as we can!). Hope you link up your own menus and meal plans below!




I'm pretty sure I've never had a flank steak meal that I didn't love, and this one was no exception. It was great, and relatively healthy! Gina from Skinnytaste did not marinate her steak before grilling it, but I did marinade mine for maybe an hour in a little bit of olive oil and red wine vinegar.  I definitely plan to make this one again! Next time I might serve over an arugula salad.



A big thanks to my friend Michelle for sharing this Cooking Light recipe with me. We love sandwiches around here because they're so easy, so I was happy to try this one out. And y'all, it's so good! J and I were both big fans!



I could not for the life of me get a good picture of the shells once they were baked and ready to eat. And I actually didn't end up eating these because I knew they'd end up giving me awful heartburn (yay for being 9 months pregnant!). But J did eat them and said they were great. I doubled the regular recipe in the link above and froze half the shells in a bag so we can eat them once the baby is here. The recipe says to freeze your sauce and cheese, but I figure we can just pick those items up once we're ready to make these when the baby is here. The hard part of making the shells is done, so picking up those items will be something J can easily do on his way home from work. The only change I made to the recipe was I browned 2 links of italian chicken sausage (leftover from the hoagies) and added it to the cheese mixture. Gives it a little extra flavor!

Alrighty....that's all I got for this week!
Share your menus below....

5 comments:

  1. We've had those Cooking Lite Italian Sausage sandwiches on our "to make" list for about 3 weeks. They are on the menu for this week finally & I'm SO glad to hear they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flank steak looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never know about the baby coming early! Sadie came at 38 weeks and 1 day! ;) Have your hospital bag ready!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's soup weather here too & i'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete