Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Nursery Reveal!

After weeks and and weeks of working on this room, it's about finished! 
We still have a few projects we'd like to complete in here over time, but it's definitely ready for our baby girl to come home to enjoy!

Here's my "inspiration" post I wrote over the summer where I shared a few of my ideas. I think I achieved what I wanted and had in mind! I find myself just hanging out in here. It's definitely my favorite room in our house! Then again, it's also the only room in the new house that we've painted and decorated since moving in last June. Everything else got put on hold!

Anyhow....here it is! I'll do my best to post links to where things came from. If there's something you're curious about, please feel free to comment or email me and I'll do my best to answer!

Before you walk in the door...


Right now it reads "it's a girl," but I'll probably change it to her name once she's here! Well....and once she has a name. Still not 100% set on one.

When you are standing in the doorway, here's what you see...



I just love the bumpers that my mother in law made for her crib. I really stressed about finding the right fabric for them, and I'm so happy with the final product. We also love her crib. I had the same style crib, but mine was brown, as a baby.





All her bows! Some were gifts, I've also purchased a lot from here.




All the books we put on display on her shelves are books that are special to us.
In fact, I've even added a few since I took these pictures!
I had to include a few Olivia books and some by one of my favorite children's authors, Mo Willems!
The teddy bear was J's growing up and the pink doll was mine.



This dresser was such a labor of love....I don't even know how many hours I put into refinishing this thing. But I love the final product! There will be a long post to come with step by step directions!





Her closet...still has lots of room in it. I'm sure we'll fill it quickly!



The paper mobile! I spent a full weekend making this. I plan to do a tutorial....hopefully before her arrival!




Things I'd still like to do in her room: Bookshelves behind the glider and some artwork with her name or monogram. Hopefully the name artwork can get done once she has name, and the bookshelves can wait a little while since she won't be big enough to get books off a shelf for awhile. Right now her books are hanging out in baskets.


Sources:
Jenny Lind Crib - Amazon
Jenny Lind Changing Table - Craigslist find, spray painted by J
Dresser - Hand me down from in laws, painted and stenciled by me (tutorial on the way!)
Glider - Enchanted Cherish Glider by Little Castle from walmart.com
Wall Color - Samovar Silver from Sherwin Williams
Bumper - Fabric (Meet Me at Sunset Doodle Paisley Pink), made by my MIL
Patterned Pink Sheets - Circo Brand from Target
White Crib Skirt - Amazon
Curtains - Land of Nod
Rug - Urban Outfitters
Flower Lamp - gift from my mom
Lamp on Dresser - mine from college, originally purchased from Lowe's
Flower Night Light - gift
Orange Changing Pad Cover - Amazon
Baskets - Most are from Homegoods, white one on dresser from World Market
Trashcan - Target
Bow Board - gift
Mirror -  previously owned, from Target
White Floating Shelves - allen + roth brand, from Lowe's
Orange Hamper in Closet - Land of Nod
Quilt on Glider - made by my mom
Giraffe Print - Rizzle and Rugee Etsy Shop
Animal ABC Print - LivyLove Designs Etsy Shop
Closet Dividers (you can't see them well, but they divide her clothes by size) - His Glory Etsy Shop

**Note: I used ebates to get cash back on the glider, the rug and the Land of Nod purchases. If you aren't using ebates to get cash back....sign up now! Easiest way to earn money back online!**

Again, if there's something you want more specifics on, or an item I didn't mention, feel free to comment or email me!

34 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous nursery! I LOVE all the bright colors...such a happy room for your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful...I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, it looks amazing! Especially your craftiness on that mobile. I'm sure she will love being in her bright and cuddly nursery :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it so much! you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks perfect. A labor of love, for sure! I especially like all of the coordinating prints and colors but not having a particular theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful nursery!!!! You did such an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the cutest little girl nurseries I've seen. Adorable! Love your crib.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love it! It is perfect for Baby W. It LOOKS like you and J. I can't wait to her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks FABULOUS! You did such a GREAT job!!!! I think our walls are the same color :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Your lucky little girl is going to love hanging out in her room!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE it! The colors look great together :) You did such an awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish this was my room!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful!! i love it all!! we almost did orange and pink in ALMs room. you did great my friend! can't wait to meet her :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks beautiful! We're just starting ours, and I'm kind of overwhelmed. I hope ours comes out as great as yours did!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is one gorgeous nursery! You did an amazing job! I love the bright colors and all of the handmade and personal touches you added.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness everything is so cute and perfect! Fit for a princess!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm blown away, Rachel. Everything looks wonderful! Now it just needs a precious girl to go inside. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the bright colors and that rug is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's gorgeous! She will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So so beautiful!! I can't wait to see in person with a little person in it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adore. Every square inch. Love Love Love the combo of cheerful colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So beautiful!! I love it all as will your little girl! Also it's such a great room for her to grow with!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rachel, I love it! So beautiful and perfect for baby girl. I especially love the crib bumper bedding, which reminds me of an old favorite Vera Bradley pattern: Sherbet :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Rachel, you did such a wonderful job on her nursery! It's just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It looks SO SOO SOOOOOOOO cute!!!! I just love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's beautiful! :) You would think that I'm ready to reveal our nursery since today is the due date... but nope! Haha! Soooo not ready. :P

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love it! We have Jenny Lind furniture in our nursery too, but that's about all that is the same. Our bedding is mostly purple, and we actually painted the crib turquoise. I don't have it back yet, so I'm a little nervous about how it's going to look, but I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  28. It is such a fun room! I love the color combo and I want that chevron rug!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love it! Especially the orange changing pad and all the cute prints!

    ReplyDelete
  30. i know i already told you but had to tell you again how much i love her room! it's the perfect nursery but will also grow with her so well. now you just need that sweet girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The entire room looks AMAZING! Where did you find a pattern or tutorial on how to make that wreath? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the color pallette! It will grow with her so well!

    ReplyDelete
  33. i love the nursery! it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete