Thursday, October 18, 2012

still growing strong...

I know it's been a few days since I last I blogged, and I wanted to assure everyone that I am still very much pregnant! Our baby girl hasn't made her big debut yet.



Hopefully not too much longer. Today is one week 'til the due date.
We'll see if she (and I) make it that far.

Here's what I've been doing to kill time as we wait for the big arrival:
  • Watching a million episodes of Parenthood. I've always watched this show on and off, but I've never watched it straight through, and there have been so many episodes that I've missed. I am absolutely loving it. New favorite show on television!!
  • Attended another La Leche League meeting. Again, I found it to be so helpful, not just for advice on feeding babies, but listening to all the questions moms had and the conversations revolving around those questions was so helpful. The women in the group I've attended are all so supportive of one another. I was hesitant to go before the birth of our baby, but I'm really glad I've gone.
  • Breakfast and lunch dates with friends. I warn them every time that I may cancel at the last minute and be in the hospital instead, but that has yet to happen!
  • Buying more baby clothes. I can't help it!
  • Eating Tums like it's my job. 
  • Walking a mile or two each night with J and the puppies. My poor feet hate it, but I know it's good for me and I try to convince myself that it's helping move things along.
  • Making cookies and cream pie. I just used the recipe on the back of the Nabsico Oreo crust that I picked up on Monday, and mmmmmmm! It was heavenly. I'm honestly considering making another one this weekend. Because gaining 35 pounds in 9 months just isn't enough. I want to pack on a few more before she gets here.
  • I am thinking about going on a movie date by myself tomorrow afternoon to see Pitch Perfect. Have you seen it?
And just for fun, J took this panorama shot of the nursery with his new iPhone from work....


Hope you're having a great Thursday!

Oh! One more thing....if you haven't already, 

16 comments:

  1. The nursery looks great! The waiting is the hardest part - queue music (: Best of luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of you! It is just so sweet and makes me miss being pregnant. I always hated when people said that, but it is just such a special time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great picture of you in the chair! Also, I love seeing the panorama of the nursery, it shows so well what it looks like (which is, beautiful!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm due exactly a week after you (with my second baby, first is a boy) with a little girl too! The waiting is killing me too! I use a midwife who doesn't do any kind of weekly checks as to not get anyone's hopes up, which I appreciate.. but I am ready for her to be here! Hope you don't have to wait much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great picture of you in the chair! And I love the idea of using panorama to take a shot of the whole room - it's so nice to see it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The nursery looks really fantastic, especially b/c you can see the whole thing in one shot. So bright and pretty!

    Yay for LLL! Take the bits and pieces that help you, and ignore the rest :) And don't forget due dates are arbitrary dates. You've got +/- a couple weeks. The only way to have 40 week averages is to have some babies before and some after. She'll come when she's ready!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched the first season of Parenthood then kind of lost focus. But I caught up over the summer and am totally in love with it. It's probably my favorite show on TV. You look fabulous and I'm so excited for you that your little girl is going to be here shortly!! Love the panoramic picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG this room is too cute!!! Not much longer now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pinning that picture because I love the colors!

    I'm loving Parenthood too, have you watched the recent ones? I BAWLED last week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so, so smart to be going to meetings about breastfeeding already! We slept through our breastfeeding class and missed it (fail) and regretted it big time. It sounds like such a simple concept, but breastfeeding is hard, and having support in place before the baby is even born is awesome. You will be so happy you did that :)

    Any time now! Clean your house like a maniac! I did and not only was it nice to come home to a clean house after I had L, but I think it helped me go into labor! The day my water broke not only did I clean, but I took a nap, which was not normal for me even at the end of my pregnancy. By that evening my water broke and L was born the next morning. Has your Dr. talked induction with you yet? Mine wasn't going to allow me to go past my due date due to L's size.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the nursery is just beautiful!!!! Can't wait to see that sweet girl!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so beautiful, including you, in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet picture of you in the chair and I love your little girls nursery! Everything is beautiful! Can't wait to "meet" her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The nursery is sooo cute! Your little girl is going to love it! Parenthood is also my favorite show right now- so great! And you should definitely go see a movie before you have her! That is one thing that I miss doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Parenthood is my favorite! I cry at least once during each episode! (Sometimes tears of joy, sometimes sadness). Also I loved that panorama shot of the nursery!! Gorgeous! Oh...and I saw Pitch Perfect and thought it was super funny and had a cute little romantic aspect, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful picture of you in that chair - soon soon, there will almost always be two of you in that chair! Crazy how things change in a matter of minutes in life... x

    ReplyDelete