Monday, November 26, 2012

One Month

Little girl, you turned one month old on Sunday. My mommy heart cannot believe that you are now a month old. I don't know how a full month has passed since you entered our lives. So much has changed, but it also feels like you've always been a part of our family. The tiny little chicken legged baby I brought home from the hospital last month is filling out and getting chubby cheeks and legs. You change so much from week to week.

This past month has been the greatest month of my life. You bring your daddy and me so much joy. It's indescribable. I knew I would like being a mommy, but I had no clue just how much I'd love being your mommy! It's the greatest job I've ever had. But then again, you make it fairly easy!

You are a mostly happy girl! You have a good stretch of awake time each morning where you are wide eyed and so happy. You love sitting in your bouncy seat and looking at the animals hanging above you. You especially like the monkey! If you're not in there, you like to be in my arms looking at my face or on my shoulder where you hold your head up and look around (you have excellent neck control!). You spend most of the late morning and afternoon napping with a few awake periods, and then we usually get another big awake stretch in the evening. However, you're generally fussier at this time. We've started giving you a bath each night to help you fall into a bit of a bedtime routine, and while bath time started out as something awful, you're slowly learning to like it and it calms you down when we put you in. You still hate being removed from the bathtub, but there's less and less crying each night.

In your first month, you have met many of mommy's friends around Charlotte, and you've gone to visit daddy and his coworkers. You've met all four of your grandparents and your aunt Lindsay and Uncle Jason. You are already so loved by so many. We've also facetimed and skyped with many of our far away friends family. Hopefully you'll get to meet some of them in December when we visit Virginia for the holidays.

You sleep fairly well, only waking up once or twice at night, and you typically go right back to bed after you eat. Speaking of eating, you're a super nurser and have been since day one. We've got a few little hurdles to overcome with nursing, but overall, it's going really well.

We discovered very early that you like to have something to suck on. You try so hard to suck on your hands all the time, but you have a hard time keeping them by your face since you don't have great control over them. I gave in around two and half weeks and gave you a pacifier. I am so glad I did. It's definitely something that soothes you when you're restless or tired.

The two big sisters in our home (the ones with four legs) absolutely love you. When we lay you on the floor for tummy time or on your play mat, we can always count on them to be right by your side. They love to kiss and look after you!

You are growing so fast, and while I love the changes each day brings, I want to soak up all this time with you while you're still so tiny! Don't grow up too fast!



We love you sweet girl! Happy 1st month!

Stats...
Weight: 10lbs 15oz (90th percentile)
Height: 22 1/8 inches (90th percentile)
Nicknames: Piglet, Mags, Magster, Pumpkinhead 
Diaper Size: Newborn
Clothes: A few newborn things still fit, but we're mostly in 0-3 month now



4 comments:

  1. So awesome! Glad it's going so well. The month has gone really fast for a bystander, ha, so I'm glad it went quickly for you too as the first month can sometimes be the hardest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little buddy is also now a month old and I am just beside myself! It is going by way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe she's 1 month old already! Time flies!

    You are so lucky she's only getting up 1-2 times each night. At that age Landon was up every 2-3 hours to nurse.

    I tried so hard to get L to take a paci because I thought it would help. It was a no-go lol

    ReplyDelete