Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Crafting

Last weekend we used Kate's salt dough recipe to make some ornaments with M's little handprints...



After a few tries of getting the perfect handprint....



...I gave up! This child would not unball her fist! 
It didn't matter what I did, she kept those hands in tight fists.

So, off went the clothes and we went for footprints. I figured this would be the next best thing.


She wasn't too crazy about this, but it worked!


 We ended up with some cute ornaments (even though Layla chose to eat a couple...). Maybe next year we'll try again for a handprint!




9 comments:

  1. Adorable! You will love looking back at these photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally going to use this recipe for my kids! What a great ornament idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are attempting this later. I'm worried. LOL. PS. you look so gorgeous, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! Such torture, Mom! ;)

    What cloth diapers are you using? Do you like them so far?

    Also, what carrier is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elyse kept grabbing the dough when we tried, so we ended up with footprints too! I think we missed our opportunity for good hand prints!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun and you look great! ...random but I would love info on cloth diapering and you to share your experience thus far if you dont mind! I have a 6 week old and am considering...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try sitting at the table with her in your lap. Then you can un-clench with one hand and press down with the other. It took several attempts to get hand prints of my girls too but I'm so glad now that I have them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! It looks like she wasn't having any of it! Hope you got some good ones!

    ReplyDelete