Monday, December 3, 2012

What's been going on....

Turns out that it's already December and Christmas season is here!
I have about two gifts ready to go...I need to get on that!

Here's a bit of a photo dump to show what's been going on in our home lately....

I've been putting this little lady in her Christmas outfits. This one isn't necessarily a holiday outfit, but I think the red and white stripes make her look like a candy cane!


We got our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving! It's an enormous tree this year. But I love a beautiful, full, real tree. I love that its scent has filled our living room!



We celebrated my birthday and J's birthday last week! 
We went out for Mexican for J's birthday.
Somebody napped through the whole meal!


And on my birthday M and I met my friend Ashley for a bagel. Later in the afternoon we went out to Taco Mac for a beer and got some Thai food take out. M was looking pretty stylish in her fake Uggs!



We've also started using our cloth diapers. I had originally planned to start in January after the holidays, but after her doctor's appointment last week when we found out that she's almost 11 pounds, I thought we'd give a it a try. So far so good! We've had no leaks and the washing hasn't been bad at all. Also? Way cuter than disposables!!


And then this picture is just for fun. She is loving her evening bath these days. She can be super fussy and grumpy, but we put her in the bathtub and it immediately calms her. 



14 comments:

  1. Yay real Christmas Trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet little candy cane!! Happy belated birthdays to you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is SO stinkin CUTE!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cloth diapers are way cuter :) I've got my stash washed and ready to go for baby boy! I have a handful of pink ones that I convinced the hubs I needed to swap out for blue ones.

    Happy belated birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. she's so precious! and I love that headband with the 3 felt flowers...where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend in SF sent us a bunch of disposable diapers that are brand new in the package.
    They are for when she gets a little older but I'm going to try them here and there. We will see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like things have been going really well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look absolutely radiant in that pic with M!! Motherhood looks good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is adorable! So glad everything is going so well :) You look like a pro already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is absolutely darling- you look great, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah, cloth!! isn't it way easier than you thought it would be? I have been pleasantly surprised by the ease!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your daughter is so cute, love her little purple outfit. What brand of cloth diapers are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to say that I love our cloth! It's been a year now and while our routine has changed a bit to accommodate baby changes, we're still going strong. So, don't give up. Ask for help or advice but there's solutions for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your little girl is precious!! I'm right there with ya on the gift front...I made a list to help me feel a little better at least :)

    ReplyDelete