How Far Along: 36 Weeks
Size of Baby: A honeydew melon....about five and half pounds and 18 inches long. We'll find out a better measurement at our ultrasound on Tuesday
Total Weight Gain: +30....not much of a change from last week. Also, thanks for your sweet words last week about weight gain. Hearing all of your stories was so reassuring!
Sleep: I'm just so tired all the time that I don't think the pain and having to go to the bathroom keep me up anymore. Last night I slept for almost 11 hours (with 2 trips to the bathroom). Also...napping is my favorite these days.
Maternity Clothes: Let's talk about my feet. I am going to be sad when I can't wear my Reef flip flops anymore. Flats provide very little support and I feel like my feet are way too confined in anything other than flip flops.
- New symptoms - my fingers and joints in my hands hurt, and my shins and the soles of my feet are extra sore pretty much every morning.
- Also? This one isn't new, but I haven't mentioned it before...waking up in the middle of the night with a Charlie Horse? Oh my gosh - HORRIBLE pain. Not sure what that's about. Only happens in the middle of the night.
- Braxton Hicks contractions are happening a little more often than before.
Bellybutton: It is SO close to popping. Just barely hanging on.
Cravings: I am so thirsty all the time. I have been drinking a ridiculous amount of water.
What I miss: This is a really silly one, but I really wish I were buying the cute colored skinnies for fall! I know they make them in maternity, but I just can't justify buying a maternity item that is so "trendy." I would like to be able to re-wear most of my maternity items in future pregnancies, and unfortunately, I doubt those will still be in style in the future.
Best Moments from the Past Week:
- Got a flu shot! Not a pleasant moment, but glad it's done and off my to do list.
- The nursery is SO close to being done. Thank you to my husband for helping me take care of just a few final projects! AND to my MIL for finishing and sending us the bumper for her crib. It's perfect!
- Hospital bag is packed + a list beside it of last minute packing items!
What I Am Looking Forward To: Dinner with friends tomorrow night, hopefully a pedicure this week, and most importantly, our ultrasound on Tuesday! This will be the first ultrasound we've had since 18 weeks!