Tuesday, January 29, 2013

3 Months

Oh sweet girl, another month has passed, and you're another month older. On Friday, you hit the the three month mark, and just like the past 2 months, I cried to your dad telling him that you're going to be in college before we know it. Of course he rolled his eyes at me, but it's amazing to me how fast you're growing. 

This month you have really turned into a baby, and you're definitely not my little newborn anymore. Before you were here, your daddy and I watched a video (Happiest Baby on the Block) where they talked about how babies have a "fourth trimester" outside of the womb. Somewhere around 11 or 12 weeks, it was clear to me that you were leaving that phase, and we haven't really looked back! You are so smiley and happy these days, always talking and making noise, and I've even managed to get a couple of laughs out of you. It's definitely my favorite sound. I am looking forward to more of it!

You are really one of the happiest most content babies, but as I've told a few people, you are not a "go with the flow" kinda baby. You certainly know what you like and you let us know if something isn't going your way. Your personality is shining through more and more each week, and we love seeing it.

You are still a great eater; you nurse about 5-6 times a day. It's sort of funny, and sort of a pain, but you really don't like for me to talk to anyone while I'm feeding you. You get very upset and give me dirty looks if I try to chat on the phone or talk to your dad while you're eating.  You're still sleeping through the night (9pm-8am) with no trouble in your crib, and we're still swaddling you each night. I love going in and unswaddling you when you wake up and watching you stretch. You give the biggest grins when you wake up. I am a little afraid of the 3 month sleep regression that so many have warned us about, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. For now, I'll take the great sleep at night! Your napping got a little bit better as we got closer and closer to the three month mark. You usually have one really good nap in your crib each day, around 1.5-2 hours, and then about three 45min naps. 

We just tried out your Bumbo chair the other night, and you were a big fan! This didn't surprise me though since you love sitting and standing up! I'm thinking of trying out your exercauser later this month. I'm not sure if you're still too small though. You still love your play mat and bouncy seat, and I'm able to get so much done around the house thanks to your love of the Ergo carrier! I can wear you for hours in there and you're happy as a clam. In fact, we've started putting you in there for walks since you seem to just fuss when we put you in your car seat. Hopefully you'll start to like walks more when we can put you in the regular seat of the stroller. 

You have gotten better and better at getting your hands to your mouth, and you love to chew on your fingers and suck your thumb. You also have a "lovey" that we keep near you when you're playing or in your car seat, and that also always manages to find its way to your mouth.

One thing I've really loved about the past month, is that you've started to notice the dogs some! I love that we can lay you on the floor on a blanket, and if one of the dogs walks by, your eyes begin to follow them. They both love you so much. I think that love will grow overtime...especially when you start eating table food! 



Baby girl, we love you so much. The past 3 months have flown by, but it also seems weird to think about life before you. We're so glad you're ours!

(no doctor this month, so these are my estimates)
Weight: About 14 pounds
Height: About 25 inches
Clothing: A big mix of 0-3 and 3-6. If you're wearing something that snaps at the crotch, you pretty much have to be in 3-6
Diapers: Size 1 in disposables
Eyes: Still very blue!

7 comments:

  1. She looks like a little Cabbage Patch Doll!! And I mean that as a compliment. She's darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute and getting so big! Zoe just hit 3 months yesterday and we are having the same nap issue. I've been told it's called the "45 minute intruder." It's really like clockwork...her waking up after 45 minutes. I can tell she's still tired so we've come up with a system to get her back to sleep. I've heard it starts to go away around 6 or 7 months which seems so far away! At some point, I'd like to get her to sleep before 9pm too, but we've come a long way since just a month ago so I know we'll get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe she's 3 months already! Such a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 months already!? Time is flying! She's so cute!

    Landon was a bad sleeper (still is). I remember him getting a bit worse at 3 months, but nothing beats the 18 month sleep regression we're currently still dealing with now at almost 20 months. I'm impressed with how well M is sleeping! You are so lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an angel!!! I can't believe it's been 3 months already either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It's crazy how time is flying! I can't believe she's already 3 months old!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel, I love reading these little posts about Maggie since my little Gray is exactly a week older. You're so lucky to have a great sleeper. Gray will give us a few longer stretches, but always early in the evening when we're still awake. It seems as soon as we go to sleep, he's up every 3 hours. Did you follow any kind of book or guide or did you just luck out with a good sleeper? My older son didn't sleep through the night until 11 mos, so I'm prepared to be tired for a while, but it doesn't hurt to get a few tips :)

    ReplyDelete