Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goals for 2013 from a Goal Hater

I know, I know....everyone and their brother are posting resolutions and goals on their blog right now. You may feel free to skip this! This post is entirely for me so I can go back and look at what my goals are for the year!

My husband is a goal setter. Once he puts his mind to something, he accomplishes it. I, on the other hand, don't quite operate that way. I'm much more likely to say I want to do something and it might happen. I guess you wouldn't call me determined.

The other night when he was sharing his goals for 2013 with me, he told me I should come up with some goals, as well. I immediately laughed in his face, because we both know goal setting and to-do lists just make me cringe and typically stress me out. But the more I've thought about it, I've decided that a few goals might not be the worst idea. Especially with a new baby who has me on my toes and keeps me quite busy, it's easy to forget about me and the things I want to do. I do a great job at keeping my commitments to others, but I don't do such a great job at keeping commitments to myself. I'd like to change that.

So, after a little bit of thought...here are my goals for the new year.

1. Lose the last 10 pounds from my pregnancy weight gain. I gained 38 pounds, and so far I've lost 28. 10 more to go.

2. Read 6 books. I used to shoot for a book a month, making 12 books a year, but with a new baby I think it's a lot smarter to keep it at just 6 this year.

3. Make something new each month. This can be a craft, a recipe, a sewing project, an art activity with the baby, but I want to encourage myself to be creative this year. I pin so many fun ideas on pinterest, but then get lazy and never make any of it. I am going to try and link up with Sarah's "The Proof is in the Pin" monthly link up!

4, Create a photo book for M's first year.

5. Visit and explore one new place with my little family. (I stole this one from J)

6. Have at least 6 date nights (or day time dates!) with my husband. We don't live near family, so finding babysitters isn't very simple for us (or cheap), but I think we can manage to get out at least every other month for some "us" time. I would be happy with more than 6, but 6 is the goal!

13 comments:

  1. If yall want to have a date night down here in Greenville, I will be more than happy to watch Miss Maggie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stealing your resolution to create one new thing a month, I hope you don't mind! That's a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your goals! And I'll babysit if you like. Any excuse for baby snuggles. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely do the photo book! I'm so glad I have one of Landon's first year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why don't I live closer?! I'd love to watch the little miss for date night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I'd babysit for M. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great resolutions- and definitely doable, I think! Good luck!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great goals! I love the date night goal - I need to make that a priority as well. And the baby book is definitely on my to do list too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the date goal. We always wait until my mom comes to visit and then go out. She doesn't care about seeing us anymore. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of these goals sound really attainable!!! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you on the weight thing too and my big goal is to do some serious meal planning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love reading these posts! And I'm loving your 6 dates. I'm stealing it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are awesome goals! I am the same way with goal setting, but I think you picked some good ones. And I would love if you would link up with me! It has definitely helped me be accountable and I'm enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete