Monday, January 28, 2013

Menu Monday

Another week of meals to post about! 

Last week I was in Richmond visiting my family, so I sort of took the week off from blogging. I also sort of took the week off from taking pictures! I did manage to snap a few pictures from my mom's kitchen table! Hope you'll link up below!


1. Spicy Sausage Pasta - I made this a few weeks ago and LOVED it so much that I made it for my parents and brother. They were also big fans. Again...if you haven't made this one, you MUST!

2. Another night my mom made lasagna with garlic bread and a salad. As always, it was delicious!

3. On my last evening in Richmond, we celebrated my mom's birthday. She turned 53 on Saturday, so we  celebrated with steak sandwiches, cucumber salad, and sweet potato fries!


Then we had a banana bread cake that was so yummy! Do you like how we represented her age with the candles?


4. And then this past weekend I made Gumbo for us, and boy oh boy, it was GOOD! This recipe from Samma is fabulous. The roux is a bit tricky ( I burnt my first batch and had to start over), but once you get it right, it is the perfect companion for a chilly evening. 


Hope you'll link up your meals below....



4 comments:

  1. The spicy sausage pasta looks amazing. Pinning it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! And your mom is a spring chicken. My mom will be 61 this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sandwiches and sweet potato fries look delicious! I have yet to make some good sweet potato fries. I'm making the spicy sausage pasta tonight and we are very excited. Last week was not a good cooking week because we were very busy, but I'll participate next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That spicy sausage pasta sounds amazing! I actually have some leftover sausage in the fridge so I may be making it very soon.

    ReplyDelete