Thursday, January 3, 2013

Two Months

Oh my teeny tiny girl, how in the world have two months already flown by? You turned two months on Christmas day which made the holiday just a little more special for us.


You are growing like a weed! We look at you each day and we're marveled at how big you've become! You're so long and tall. Which is no surprise to anyone since you're mommy and daddy are both tall.

This past month you have become so smiley and happy during your awake times. I love your big gummy grin. It especially makes me laugh when you start to stick your tongue out when you're smiling. That's how we know you're really happy. In addition to smiling, you're cooing and "talking" like crazy now. You love to lay on the bed, your play mat, and in the bathtub and just smile and talk to your Daddy and me. We just melt to pieces. I always laughed when I heard moms say they "missed" their babies when they would go to sleep, but now I totally get it. I love being around you!

You are starting to show a bit of your personality. You are usually really easy going, and it doesn't take much to keep you happy, but when you're mad....you are MAD! You are usually pretty happy if Daddy or I am holding you, but when you're getting passed around a lot, you're not too happy. A lot of evenings you'll be crying of fussy before your bath, but the minute you hit the water, you become so content. We laugh at you every evening because the bath also makes you yawn. I'm beginning to think you have the nighttime routine figured out.

We took you on your first big trip to Virginia right around the time you turned two months, and you did SO great. It didn't seem to mess up your sleeping at all, and you loved spending time with your grandparents (both sets) and your Uncle Jason.

One question people love to ask new moms is "how is the baby sleeping?" and I can proudly say you sleep through the night and have been since about 8 weeks! Your last feeding is at 9PM after your bath, and you typically sleep till about 7AM. Some mornings it's a little earlier, and some mornings you've slept all the way to 8:30. We love that your such a wonderful nighttime sleeper. We moved you to your crib at night right before you were 6 weeks, and I think we're all doing better at night now. You also sleep in your swaddle me blankets. These are great most of the time, but lately you've been busting out and I come in to find you in the morning sucking on your fingers.Your napping is okay, but some days you're much more of a cat napper. As long as we're all getting sleep at night, I can handle cat naps during the daytime!

You nurse about six times a day. You are a great eater and our nursing times have become one of my favorite parts of the day. I love how relaxed it makes both of us.

As each day passes, we love you more and more! The past two months have been the very best. You are such a blessing to your Daddy and me!

Height: 23.5 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 12 punds 14 ounces (85th percentile)
Diaper: You wear a size one in disposables, but you're in your cloth diapers most of the time
Clothing: Mostly 0-3, but we're about ready to start retiring a lot of it and move onto 3-6 month. You're so long and a lot of your clothes with "feet" are getting too small.
Eyes: They're looking awfully blue!
Other things I want to note: You love to chew on your hands, you love being upright and on our shoulder, you drool a lot and blow bubbles, we put some toys on your car seat handle and you love to "talk" to them when we're in the car

10 comments:

  1. Such a pretty girl! That's awesome that she is such a good sleeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable! Reminds me so much of Sadie - good sleeper, cat napper, and soooo tall! And I still peep in on Sadie at least twice when she is sleeping at night - I just need to see her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! That quilt is beautiful, and so is Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so sweet and precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! She is really tall. It would be so fun to compare her to my little Jack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that bright blanket. She adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe she's already 2 months! Such a doll...time just flies by, huh? And that quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a little angel! I am so glad all is going well and she is such a good sleeper - it makes all the difference!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's so cute. And seriously how cute is it that our babies love pulling their legs into their bodies?! LOL. And yeah... we missed our 2 month well baby visit on accident :( But we weighed him today & looked up his weight/height... umm, our kid is apparently in the 25-50% in height & in weight :( LOL

    ReplyDelete