Thursday, February 28, 2013

4 Months

Little M, on Monday you turned four months old. FOUR MONTHS! That's one third of a year. And in those four months you have blossomed into a happy little lady, full of personality!

This past month was the month of your hands! At the beginning of the month you were stating to figure them out, but you still missed a lot when you went to grab for things. Now you seem to have about 90% accuracy with me. It's crazy how it just sort of clicked one day. You love to chew on your hands, and any toy you can get in your mouth. I don't think you're teething, but I guess that could be a possibility. You do drool a ton! With your newfound ability to use your hands, you have also become a bit of a thumb sucker. On multiple occasions I've gone to check on you in your bed and your sucking away on that thumb. You do still like your paci, but only when you're sleepy. If I try to give it to you at other times, you scrunch your eyebrows up and give me a look that says, "what the heck am I supposed to do with this?"

Speaking of sleepy, you have started to rub your eyes when you're tired. It's precious! It becomes very obvious when you're feeling sleepy! About a week ago I moved you to sleeping in your sleep sack...no more swaddle! Overall, you've done really well. You do great at night time, but I've had to bring the swaddle back for a nap or two, because you just wouldn't calm down. At night time, you typically sleep from about 9PM - 8:8/8:30AM. I would really love to move your bedtime up by an hour, but I've yet to be succesfull with that. You have such a great routine, that I don't want to mess it up. You nap three times a day; usually two good naps and one shorter nap that's about 30-45 minutes.

This month you have really started to enjoy books! We've been reading to you since you were teeny tiny, but this was the month when you really started to pay attention to them. You especially like books with a sing song pattern and rhyming. Favorites include Brown Bear, Brown Bear, ABC by Dr. Seuss and Pajama Time. You also love for Mommy to sing The Itsy Bitsy Spider and Patty Cake. And song time with Dad and his guitar is one of your favorite activities.

Mommy and Daddy love to find goofy ways to make you laugh. Your laugh is my favorite sound, and it usually ends up with me in tears from my own laughter. The other night you were in the Ergo and the puppies were wrestling. I said "Get her, Layla" and you started cackling. I said this about a dozen more times and each time you just lit up. I love these funny little moments with you. When you aren't laughing, you are likely squeaking and squealing! I call you my little bird or baby pterodactyl. Both names are very fitting for the noises you make!

On January 30, you rolled from your belly to your back for the first time. Some days when I put you down for tummy time, you immediately roll! But other times you seem to have no interest in it. No rolling from back to belly yet. Which is fine by me, I can lay you down, leave the room, and you're still in the same place when I come back. I have a feeling these days are numbered!

Some new toys this month...we broke out your exercauser and bumbo and both have been big hits. You continue to love being upright, so both of these keep you pretty happy. You still love your playmat and bouncy seat, and tummy time is much better tolerated these days.

Sweet baby, I could go on and on about the ways you light up our lives each day. You are so happy most of the time, and now that you've begun to find your voice, our home is filled with such happy sounds.

Happy 4 months, Piglet...we love you the most!


Stats:
Weight - 16 pounds 2 ounces
Height - 25.5 inches
Diaper Size - 2 in disposables, 3 snaps open in your BG's
Clothes - Pretty much all 3-6 month or 6 month in Carter's
Eyes - still very blue!
Hair - So much has fallen out, and you have quite the bald spot in the back! You still have a decent amount on the bottom in the back and it's dark, but I'm starting to think the stuff coming in on top may be a little lighter? It's hard to tell when there's not much!



2 comments:

  1. YAY!! She's a cutie! Shelby has a bald spot in the back too. It's like a little mullet. Brad calls her Joe Dirt!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so adorable! Brody had the same little bald spot! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete