Tuesday, February 5, 2013

cupcakes, ice cream cones, and baby showers!

I've mentioned before how much I love the friends and people I've met since moving to Charlotte. A lot of those people are friends I met through the blogging world, and amazingly enough, a lot of them are having babies this year! Lots of little buddies for M to play with! I can't wait for warm weather and trips to the park with all these moms and babies. 

A couple of weeks ago, Michelle and I planned a surprise dinner for our friend Ashley to celebrate the arrival of her second baby. We invited a few of Ashley's friends and her sweet mom and asked everyone to bring some diapers for her to use (because what new mom doesn't need diapers??). She was certainly surprised to see a table full of friends when she walked in. Her face was priceless! I had fun getting out and enjoying time with these ladies. Also?? This was my first margarita post pregnancy, and y'all....it was good!


And of course we enjoyed some pink and blue cupcakes! I just can't wait to find out if her second baby is a boy or a girl...I'm guessing boy, though!

This past weekend, M and I got all dressed up for another shower! 


 Katie is having a baby girl in March, and I'm just thrilled for her. 
I can't wait for that baby girl to get here!


Isn't she such a glowing momma to be?? What you can't see in this picture is her ice cream cone! Her hostesses had an ice cream sundae bar set up; I loved that idea!


By the end, my baby girl was exhausted from all the fun! 


Only a few more weeks and both of these babies will be here. We can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. How fortunate for you to have the opportunity to connect with so many other ladies who are in the same season of life as you! So special! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for coming! It was so fun to see Maggie all dressed up for the occasion! I can't wait until they are able to play together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have made so many great friends in the Charlotte area!!!! SO fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Love all of these Charlotte babies. Katie and Ashley both look absolutely beautiful. So sad to have missed you girls on Sunday, but it looks like the shower was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited about all these sweet Clt babies and E & K's new friends!!

    ReplyDelete