Tuesday, February 26, 2013

hodge podge

So many random updates below....consider yourself warned!

  1. After 16 weeks, M is done with the swaddle. Our little "swaaddleritto" (as her dad once called her), is no more. I totally teared up when I looked down at her crib and saw this for the first time. Grow down baby girl!!


2. This past weekend we went to one of our favorite local places for lunch. M was a total champ. I'm trying to take advantage of this happy stage while we can. I know that going out to lunch won't always be easy with a little one. But right now, she's a champ! Keep it up, Mags!


3. My child LOVES her dad. I mean, she's happy with me all day long, but the minute she lays eyes on him, she just starts beaming. Just look at this picture....


Also? 
Each night between dinner and bath time, M and J have song time. For about 30-45 minutes, he plays guitar and she sits and listens and "sings" along. It kills me. She's a big fan of The Lumineers' "Ho Hey."


4. We are slowly working our way through Breaking Bad on Netflix. I can't believe it took us so long to get on board with this show. It's crazy, in a good way. Also, I've never really considered using crystal meth to be a good idea, but this show has really confirmed that. I'm sure you're all glad to hear that. I'll keep my teeth and healthy skin, thankyouverymuch.

5. We went to a birthday first party for one of M's little buddies this weekend, and well....my baby looked pretty darn cute! And it's only necessary to share a picture with y'all. Also? As we watched her little buddy dig into his chocolate cake, it totally got me thinking about her first birthday. And then I had to stop myself before I started crying right then and there.  



18 comments:

  1. These pictures are so SWEET and that guitar time is such a great idea. You are such a good mommy. :) Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so precious! The picture of her in daddy's lap is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! Your little girl is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both look so pretty in the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's so precious! & Yes, mealtimes out will definitely get more interesting! But they'll still be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We started breaking bad, but I had to stop when the body fell through the bathroom floor (you know what scene I am talking about?). I just couldn't take it. Dan kept watching though and flew through all the seasons and can't stop talking about how much he loves it. Makes me regret that I stopped watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what scene you're referring to! Definitely a WEIRD start to the show. The whole show is just crazy.

      Delete
  7. Their music time is the cutest thing ever! That is a great picture of you both, I love her pink and green look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just about die each night during music night. It's so precious watching her "sing" with her dad!

      Delete
  8. I love the little smirk she's wearing the pic of you two when you're out for lunch. So precious. And you're right ... enjoy going out to eat with her now when it's not torture. We went out a lot when Eva was a baby and I definitely didn't value it enough. Now? Not even remotely tempting with a nutbar toddler and a self feeding 8 month old who finds a way to make drinking water messy :) ... for now we stick with take out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. Maggie is so cute and getting so big (although she looks tiny in J's arms).
    2. I have already thought of the theme for Drew's 1st birthday, and she turns 2 months old on Saturday.
    3. I hate the swaddle phase and Drew NEEDS her swaddle. For some reason I just hate it though...I am ready to be out of them and have a long way to go probably. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only reason M was okay getting rid of the swaddle is because of her hands....she LOVES to suck and chew on them. I think she likes having easy access to them with her sleep sack!

      Delete
  10. I think we're about done with the swaddle too. The nursery school doesn't do it and we don't do it for naps now.
    Not to mention, she busts out of them every night now. We said we would make it through this next week of work then see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness. M looks like a big girl in that pic with her little hat. Or maybe not exactly big, but something about that picture gives you some insight into what she'll look like later. So cute.

    I thought BB might be a show that my husband and I could get into together, but he was actually the one who found it too dark, so we called it quits shortly after the bathtub scene too.

    I started Moms on Call after your e-mail. I'd heard so many good things I had to give it a try. I wish I'd started earlier because I do not want to straight cry it out and I opened the book right when they change the schedule to cry it out. For now, i'm trying the 8-16 week schedule and it's really working for naps! Wish I could say nighttime was also improved, but not yet. I'm so nervous about quitting that swaddle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think MOC was good for us because we started early. I follow a lot of what they say, but I don't usually let her CIO. We do have naptimes where I let her cry for 2-3 minutes at a time before going in, but I wouldn't say I've ever really let her CIO. I'm hoping we can avoid that!

      Delete
  12. Look at your girl sleeping without a swaddle! And I know, they seem SO big like that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband and I watched every episode of Breaking Bad together in the last couple months. We're totally addicted and can't wait for the final episodes this summer. It is really dark, but I still think it's a really well done, thought provoking show and we love the characters (my husband especially loves Saul Goodman, and I love Jesse).
    Love that last picture of you two together! I am in the only-dress-baby-in-onesie stage right now, so I'm looking forward to seeing my baby in some cute dresses like that eventually :)

    ReplyDelete