Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Vertical Cork Board

Back in January, I did a post with my goals for the year. One goal I had was to try something new each month. A recipe, a craft, a home project...something! At the end of January I made my first project of the year, and I have to admit. I loved how it turned out! I'm a week behind on the link up, but I'm still going to link up with Sarah's blog for her "Proof is in the Pin" series!


So what did I make? A vertical cork board!

We have hundreds of wine corks (mostly from cheap Trader Joe's wine) that have been piling up in a bowl in our home for 4+ years, and I thought it was time to put 'em to good use.


All I had to purchase for this craft was a yard stick, and that was under a dollar at Lowe's. Cheapest craft ever! I took my corks and hot glued them onto the yard stick, like so....


Let it dry....


Screw in an eye hook to the top (we already had that), and then nail to the wall....


And voila! We now have fun new place in our kichen to display birth announcements, party invites, save the dates, etc! I should also note I used some 3M command strips to hold it in place to the wall so it won't swing back in forth.



Again...easiest and cheapest craft ever. 
And it's impossible to mess up! 
(But beware of hot glue gun burns)

7 comments:

  1. Amazing idea! I have a zillion corks sitting around from working at a Vineyard a few years back...need to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you made this! I've had this idea pinned forever, and now I think you've given me the motivation to finally make it. It looks so great, and EASY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! and I'm so glad you found The Charlotte Social :) Can't wait to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks awesome! I pinned this a while ago too but just haven't gotten around to doing it. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! We kind of have a wine themed kitchen anyway. I should definitely do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had this pinned FOR-E-VER and haven't gotten around to it yet. Officially reinspired. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this idea!! Thanks so much for linking up! Get ready - only 2 weeks til the next round! ;)

    ReplyDelete